More defoliation?

This is my first RDWC run. 3 1/2 months in and no room for bending branches to increase light so on and so forth. Should I do some more defoliation? As you can see a rack of popcorn buds…

2 Likes

I would clean the bottom 1/3 up (lollipopping) defoliation on photo periods generally takes place at week 3 and 6 of flower. I would clean her up some for better air circulation around the middle section :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

The bottom 3rd is clean…

2 Likes

I personally encourage some popcorn for extracting but thats just me. We make a lot of candy.

I think that looks better in that last pic but you’ll have to defoliate some more to adjust for the wind flow coming from underneath your canopy just my opinion but I definitely do it. The 1st plant is a red super skunk auto in a 10g pot 5dys until chop day… Lst 10 main limbs with a few kicker branches… 2nd plant banana kush auto in a 3g pot totally different style of Lst but effective…

2 Likes

Nice training job!!!

Thank you kindly Sir :pray:

1 Like

Obviously a sativa thats why I’m selective about my plants genetics. I always try to grow small, compact plants. I have a bathtub grow which is just the right size for 3 plants comfortably however I only have an 8 foot ceiling so by the time I take off a foot for a 5 gallon bag, then my lights hang about 1.5 ft from the top; that leaves me barely 4 ft of plant size because you need another 18"to 24" of distance from the cola to the lights. I’d love to grow a nice sativa but there just ain’t enough room. I had to lollipop a plant not long ago and all I did was turn 2 lights sideways and lowered them enough to shine directly into the interior of the plant. No popcorn buds for me because they all came out to be dense full buds.
Sometimes ya gotta get innovative

1 Like

Tried training (I’ll try again next round) but was growing so strong that it just pulled away from the bucket. See markup’s on photos.

Wow that thing took off on ya

This one literally grew an inch+ per day

I would put the lower plants on booster seats so all the plants in the grow space get equal lighting. Nice work on the lollipop, the rest of the plant looks good :love_you_gesture:

You can see I had here “bent”…

1 Like

Always good to learn new ways. Just a year into growing, and loving every minute of it​:+1:t5::seedling:

1 Like

Very nice :ok_hand: i had so much help along the way showing me what to and not to do and I’m so thankful the 1 pic is my 2nd indoor grow and the 2nd pic is my 3rd