Moonchild420's First Grow - White Widow Autoflower

Bad pH can cause a grow to nose dive in a hurry. All good until it isn’t!! :slight_smile: I usually use Pro-mix HP which is a peat “soiless” type so there is nothing in the soil that you don’t put in. pH is especially important then.
You might find your yield and quality increases when you are dialed in on pH and nutrients.

2 Likes

@moonchild420 Welcome to the ILGM forum, sounds as if you are lined up pretty well for your first grow. Good luck and enjoy the ride!

2 Likes

This may be a dumb question - but when does “Week 1” officially start? Is it when the seeds go in the medium or when they break through it?

2019-10-29

The seeds just went into the paper towel / ziplock baggie today. Had to set a heater next to the tent as once the humidifier started bringing the humidity up, the temp came down. Right now I’m at about 79.4 degrees and 55%. So I’m guessing I’ll be using clear cups over the seedlings to start. I was shooting for 82 at 65-70%. The heater (an oil filled radiator style) is on the medium setting. I ordered a controller to better maintain the temp.

Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller 2-Stage Outlet Thermostat Heating and Cooling Mode Carboy Homebrew Fermenter Greenhouse Terrarium 110V 10A 1200W

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HXM5UAC/

2 Likes

Day one is when it breaks soil. That’s when I consider it being “born”.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Good setup! Cant wait to see this grow, I am set to watch! :grin::green_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Another question… once I’ve got tap roots, I know they go in about knuckle deep with root down and get lightly covered with the coco… but should the coco I’m putting them in be moist already? And how much water should I be giving them, how often, and for how long while waiting for them to break through? I know that for coco I want to shoot for a pH of about 5.8. I just am trying to avoid drowning or drying them up completely. And at what point do I start giving them more water?

Make sure not to drown them! just a little water when the medium dries up. I use a spray bottle to make sure not to go overboard. I also put plastic cups over to keep humidity up.

1 Like

2019-10-31 - 6:30pm

3 for 3… into the pots they go!!! Morticia, Wednesday, and Grandmama are the tentative names.

8 Likes

welcome buddy, looking great. :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice looking tap roots you have there. :+1:

2 Likes

Careful naming them early… might get too attached (speaking from exp.) haha

those look great

1 Like

Nah. But dropping them in the pots on Halloween, they just really needed appropriate names! LOL

Still trying to figure out about how long the humidifier will run until out of water… can you tell exactly when it emptied? :slight_smile:

1 Like

By my untrained eye I would have to go with 9:00, lol

2 Likes

Congratulations bro now remember dont over water, Get a spray bottle and mist them.

1 Like

My understanding is it’s kinda hard to overwater in a coco/perlite mix… but yeah, had planned on using a syringe to water around them.

1 Like

Had the exhaust running full - which should change out the air about 4 times a minute. Backed it off to low and am getting much more consistent temps and humidity. Made it about 14-15 hours before the humidifier emptied. Staying at 80 deg and 70% humidity - so don’t think I’ll need the cups over them when they break ground.

1 Like

2019-11-02

Happy birthday!!! Light is currently 30” above the soil.

4 Likes

2019-11-03 - Day 2

iPhone 6 pics… I need to figure out how to do macro photos with my digital cam - a Panasonic Lumix). I’m used to doing concert photography… this is new. LOL

5 Likes

How do they look? Coming to the end of week 1… Just watering plain tap with pH 6 / 200 ppm. HLG 260W QB Rspec Kit on 24/0 - started about 30" and currently at 22" with a Lux reading of about 40,000 at the canopies.

All 3…

Wednesday:

Morticia:

Grandmama:

Wednesday:

Morticia:

Grandmama:

4 Likes

I’ve moved my grow journal over to here… it’s basically a live journal as I go - adding to each week every few days. I’m shocked by the growth I’ve seen this week (#2).

https://growdiaries.com/diaries/42027-ilgm-white-widow-autoflower-grow-journal-by-moonchild420-growdiaries

1 Like