Moonchild420's First Grow - White Widow Autoflower

Getting everything ready for my first grow - think I’m just about setup and ready for the seeds.

Going to be growing 3 ILGM White Widow autoflowers in a coco-coir/perlite mix (about 80/20 ratio) in 3gal smart pots. They’ll be lit with HLG’s 260W Rspec LED quantum board kit - currently at 36" above the “soil” level. Exhaust is a 4" iPower 190CFM with carbon filter. Tent they’ll be in is a 3x3x6. I’ve got a camera in the tent that will be taking snapshots and embedding the timestamp along with the temp & relH in the tent. I’ve got a 1 gallon cool mist humidifier that should be here tomorrow. The big day is coming soon and I’ve been doing my research and am pretty excited! Also looking forward to being a part of the community as things progress!

15 Likes

Welcome to the Forum and good luck on your crop. May it be full of fruit. :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! Looks like a good setup. :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome! Nice set up. Looks like you did your research

4 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! Looks like you’ve got a great start. Good luck!

2 Likes

Looking good and good luck

2 Likes

Noobie here, welcome and good luck. Set to watching.

2 Likes

Good luck! Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community looking good.

2 Likes

2019-10-28

Seeds arrived today. Have 3 soaking in a shot glass for the next 24 hours (1 has already sunk) and then into the paper towel inside a ziplock bag. Looking like day 1 will be Halloween or the day after. The humidifier also is now in the tent and humidity is rising - have it set to cut off and maintain about 65%. I may need to put a small space heater down there as it’s heading towards the colder months, and I’ve noticed with the humidifier that as the humidity rises, the temperature drops.

6 Likes

You can tap the other two seeds and they should sink. I still plant a seed that doesn’t drop in the water. My new crop had 3 that didn’t and all of them grew to be little girls right now.

2 Likes

The pH meters in your pots are notoriously inaccurate. I had one and it wasn’t even accurate for moisture measurement. If you don’t have a ph pen get one from Amazon. I allow 2’x2’ for each photo plant as a rule of thumb. For this tent 2 plants photos would fill it pretty well. Should be fine with your Autos.

I have this pen. Pricey, but worth it for accuracy and ease of use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get this to store your pen in. Never let it dry completely out.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P35Y6U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are cheaper pens that will work pretty well, but I have found they are hard to keep accurate.

4 Likes

Good call on the White Widows by the way. Great genetics. I love ILGM’s Super Lemon Haze too. Great taste and amount of bud it produces.

1 Like

@Reticence Exactly…it’s a great strain to start growing with. It’s easy and pretty forgiving. It was my first plant I grew but mine was a fem seed. Still not sold on Autos and I do have plenty of Auto fem seeds.

1 Like

Those things in the pots are mainly going to be used for checking moisture… probably not needed, but don’t think they’ll hurt (they were cheap). I’ve got a Hanna Instruments pen for testing… along with their storage solution and the GH pH test solutions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZG8L58/

3 Likes

Nice pen!! Good luck on the grow.
Welcome to the forum! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks… I had read the 2 places you don’t wanna skimp on are the lights and your test equipment. When there is an issue, pH is the first thing you usually check and you want accuracy.

3 Likes

I’ve watched and learned a lot from “From Seed To Stoned”’ on YouTube. Especially his vids on autoflowers.

2 Likes

I guess I am lucky then because I’ve never tested pH and my plants turn into beasts.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I too have very similar set up and plants.

2 Likes