Monk's third try: 2 LSD, 2 banana kush , and 2 afghan

There was good and bad in this grow but the good outweighed the bad by a bunch. One of the main goals other than getting good pot was to figure out how to keep my plants from yellowing out when in the first two weeks of flowering. i didn’t figure that out for the first 3 plants but the last three did a lot better. that was accomplished by feeding buddha grow starting in the veg tent and then continuing thru 4 or 6 weeks of flower. getting 24 and a half ounces out of the tent for this grow was also a big positive but it also was part of a negative. by letting the veg time go longer on this grow i found out that 6 plants in a 4x4 with that much veg time was a real pain in butt. there was a plus side to that though, got me to buy another tent to flower in and motivated me to get a HLG 550 rspec QB for it.

the main problem other than crowding was the issue i had with getting the seeds germed. i made some mistakes in that i tried to change size of solo cups smaller so that i could transplant sooner. i used a shorter squatter cup and that didn’t work too well and having a batch of bad banana kush seeds confused the issue also.

5 Likes

it looks like i took cherry pie3 down too early. the jars were 77,76,and 75% humid. i opened the jars and left them open overnight and will close them up when i get into town today.

3 Likes

one day out and you should be good. I just burp 3 times a day for 1/2 hr when I am at 70-73%. I figure it is like getting a longer drying period which is super hard here in the desert. I just jarred the CB and it is at 70-71% so I will burp 1/2 2 times when I get home and in 6 weeks I will have well cured and perfectly dried 62% and then add the bodiva packs.

1 Like

they were 73, 71, and 69 when i got back from golfing after 5 hours of covering them. so that will work out fine. i burp and roll them, then leave them open each day for 20 to 30 mins.

4 Likes

here is the one i’m curing @Eagles009

3 Likes

a final report on the pot from this grow as it’s been a couple months now. i now have about 3 oz of afgan left, about 4 oz of LSD left, and 5 oz of cherry pie left. it appears that with a 24 oz harvest i can make it to the next grow without buying any pot. it has now been at least 4 months since i bought any. i liked the taste of the afgan best but all three had their own taste highlights. both the LSD and cherry pie have a possible higher thc content but i get high enough from all three.

5 Likes

Hello @monkman I am finishing my first plant and plan to go with two LSD next time. Do you have any words of wisdom about LSD? You stated in a post it was a good buzz but not great. Is that still your opinion?
Flowering for 78 days?

1 Like

hey jd77. yea, it was good enough. i am on my 6th grow now and found some problems with my last 5 grows that i’m going to, hopefully, fix on my new grow. you have to keep in mind my perspective. i’ve been smoking for 53 years and smoke 2 to 3 ozs a week lol i have had a bad back my whole life and use pot to make the pain level go from a 2 or 3 on the scale to a half or 1 for “everyday” situations. if i’m stressed or do something that aggravates my back it can go to a 6 or 7 easily. lsd was an easy grow for me and the pot does the trick. as far as flowering it depends on what you are looking for. one was 58 days and the other was 78. the 78 was 50% amber. the 58 was 10% amber per line 666.

3 Likes

oops that was wrong, not 2 or 3 a week, but 2 or 3 a month lol not even i can smoke 2 or 3 of this type of pot in a week lol

3 Likes

Thank you for filling me in. Very helpful.
I did let out an audible “Whoa!” when I read 2 or 3 a week.
One more question please. Was there a noticeable difference in the 58 v 78?

1 Like

Do you have a journal for your current grow? I am still learning this site…

1 Like

yes there was a difference. i shoot for 10% amber when i harvest, but i was experimenting with what “couch lock” was which was why i went to the 50% amber on the 78 day.

1 Like

How did the lsd turn out I’m doing a few from ilgm fem

1 Like

your plants are looking great Daddy. sorry i took so long to get back to ya. if you have a journal going please tag me. i got a great high from the LSD and not a bad quantity from 2 plants at 6.8 oz for small plants. i have been having problems with the end of flowering from my first 5 grows and i know that they could have been better. on my 6th grow i finally went to r/o water.

2 Likes

What kinda problems you having here’s mine roday

2 Likes

your plants look great! great job! you should have an excellent harvest in another month or so.

2 Likes

Thanks how’s yours coming along and I’ll give you my nute schedule if it’s an ilgm bean it should get you close whatnkinda light u using again? And how much do you think the yield on just that one will be I’m hoping for at least an oz

1 Like

And most importantly when does the LSD begin to get the smell I’ve barely got a gas smell it’s been 4 weeks going on 5 of flowering

I grew a couple of LSD autos and the smell takes a bit to get going but once it does it’s really LOUD. I’ve got one in the bags right now and it’s starting to return as it cures. My individual buds were the size of wild blueberries on both, the one that just finished also grew in dark purple. (The first one was pastel colors.)

Left: My second LSD - some popcorn, and on the right is a little bud from my first LSD plant.

1 Like

Where did the seeds come from
I’ve never seen lsd get purple did it get cold in flowering? What’s ur secret haha trying to get as much info on the strain to perfect it in the next 15 runs

1 Like