Monk's third try: 2 LSD, 2 banana kush , and 2 afghan

veg tent pics

group pic LSD1 back left, LSD2 back right, cherry pie 1 foreground

LSD1

LSD2

cherry pie1

I talked to the treehouse yesterday and “courtney” suggested something to me that i didn’t know. she said that during veg stage the plant builds up and stores nitrogen for the flower stage and maybe i’m not building up enough nitrogen during veg stage so i am going to top dress LSD1 with terp tea grow when i water her next time.

5 Likes

In the flower tent it looks like Afghan 1 is starting to taco the top leaves…may want to raise the light and maybe put something under the other plant to even out the height.

2 Likes

@monkman what site is ilgm for seeds. I have Afghans too mine are struggling both to germinate from sprouts to stems wont break the surface and the 1 plant I did get to break into a 3" plant is stuck at the same height and stretching for the past 1 week. Same for wedding cake. My blueberry is a plant but stretching too

1 Like

this site we are on right now is where i get all my seeds from bud @Italianking go to top of page and click on seed bank.

1 Like

Yo Paisan
Can you detail your process for sprouting and then planting them?
Soil used
Watering practice etc.
Maybe we can help you get them going?

4 Likes

I'm totally new he is here @Skydiver

3 Likes

Thanks monk…

2 Likes

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 12 day flower for afgan1 watered 4 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 45 days veg for lsd1 watered 4 day ago
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg for afgan2 watered 2 day ago 3 day 12/12
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 24 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 17 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 12 day seedling for cherry pie 3

if cherry pie3 doesn’t start showing some growth i’m going to replace her. it looks like i stunned her pretty bad when i knocked her over. didn’t go into town yesterday so i will be going in today to work on the plants.

3 Likes

did a top dress on afgan1 with two teaspoons of terp tea grow and then watered her with 6.4 gallon with hydroguard, regen a root, and fish sh!t.
did a top dress on LSD1 with two tablespoons of terp tea grow and then watered her with 6.4 gallon with hydroguard, regen a root, and fish sh!t minus a solo cup that i put into the little girl cherry pie1.

i am very surprised that i got thru all that seeing as i has all my work done for my plants by 12:30 and we drank Teq all afternoon lol.

i’m pretty sure that the terp tea grow is the way to go for my stretch part of the flowering stage. afgan1 is looking a lot better now and also… woooo hoooo afgan2 is now also in flowering stage. it is only 4 days on her and she still has lots of her fan leaves left so if she can hold onto her leaves for the next couple of days i’ll be real happy!

5 Likes

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 13 day flower for afgan1 watered 1 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 46 days veg for lsd1 watered 1 day ago
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg for afgan2, 1 day flowering watered 3 day ago
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 25 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 18 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 13 day seedling for cherry pie 3

2 Likes

topped dressed afgan2 and watered her with 6.5ph gallon with regen a root, fish sh!t, and hydroguard.

for the first time i put a plant into flowering without making her go into darkness for at least 20 hours. my buddy, whom i have my plants at suggested it because it was more towards “regular” growth. one of the problems that i have been having is that i lose a lot of the sun leaves within a week to ten days after i put them into the flowering stage. his suggestion is in hopes that i don’t push the plant into flowering as i have been doing… he is a master electrician but has no experience what so ever dealing with plants or groiwing anything, but i am desperate and not adverse to alternative perspectives lol to me the reason to put the plant into darkness from veg to flower is so that you don’t have to wait for 2 weeks for it to go to flower, all my plants have shown to flower within 4 or 5 days the way i have been doing it so this is a nice little side experiment.

5 Likes

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 14 day flower for afgan1 watered 2 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 47 days veg for lsd1 watered 2 day ago 1 day 12/12
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg for afgan2, 2 day flowering watered 1 day ago
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 26 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 19 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 14 day seedling for cherry pie 3

4 Likes

“Dammit, Monk! I’m an electrician, not a gardener!” :joy:

I’ve never put plants in extra darkness before flipping (not on purpose, at least :thinking: ) , so I can’t say one way or the other. But I would agree that it does seem unnatural. The big thing is to watch them as they transition and keep up with their needs, since they change so drastically from veg to flower. :v:

2 Likes

yea, that is the main part of my expertise that i am trying to work on now. i keep losing my sun leaves when going from veg to flower. the first one this time lost about 15 leaves in 7 days, it takes about 4 days of 12/12 when i start seeing yellowing leaves. my afgan1 is the plant and it looked a lot better when i top dressed with terp tea grow at 7-1-1. i added that tea to afgan2 and LSD1 before they went into flower tent so i will see if that helps any. the afgan1 looked good for a couple of days but today it had 5 or 6 leaves that i should have pulled. afgan2 has only been in 12/12 for 5 days so the battle will start new with that one. and the LSD1 just went into the flowering tent so i am hoping to stay ahead of it.

1 Like

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 15 day flower for afgan1 watered 3 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 47 days veg for lsd1 watered 3 day ago 2 day 12/12
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg for afgan2, 3 day flowering watered 2 day ago
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 27 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 20 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 15 day seedling for cherry pie 3

4 Likes

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 15 day flower for afgan1 watered 3 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 48 days veg for lsd1 watered 3 day ago 2 day 12/12
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg for afgan2, 3 day flowering watered 2 day ago
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 27 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 20 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 15 day seedling for cherry pie 3

4 Likes

put a tablespoon of terp tea grow (7-1-1) into a gallon of water and ph’d to 6.5 then watered afgan1 from top only. this was not a terp tea and i see why they want you to heat it and keep it overnight brewing. there were lots of little specks that didn’t dissolve. on next watering if afgan1 is still showing yellow i will top dress again and put the rest of my additives in .

top dressed LSD1 with terp tea grow one teaspoon. then watered a gallon at 6.5 ph with regen a root, fish sh!t, and hydroguard.

both afgan2 and LSD1 are looking good as far as not having much yellowing. all but a few leaves on both plants are a good dark green, am hoping to keep them that way.

after each of the plants stops their stretch i will cut out the terp tea grow.

4 Likes

9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 35 days veg, 16 day flower for afgan1 watered 1 day ago
9 days germ, 20 days seedling, 48 days veg for lsd1 watered 1 day ago 3 day 12/12
8 days germ, 18 days seedling, 42 day veg for afgan2, 4 day flowering watered 3 day ago
8 days germ, 20 days seedling, 28 day veg for lsd2
5 days germ, 23 days seedling, 21 days veg for cherry pie 1
5 days germ, 16 day seedling for cherry pie 3

4 Likes

pic day

group pic veg tent LSD2 on left, cherry pie1 on right

LSD2

cherry pie1

7 Likes

flower tent

group pic afgan1 top left, afgan2 top right, LSD1 foreground

afgan1