Monk's second try: 1 bag seed (i dumped the 2 purple pinecone and kept one candy kush) and 5 blue fem, two now and 3 in a month or so lol

the three bag seeds popped two days ago and i put them into solo cups this morning. because i moved humidifier to flower tent i have put jiffy pot dome in the veg tent and have the solo’s in there.

46% humid…75f in veg tent

i have 4x4x6 secret jardin tent with 315 sunsystem cmh for light. i have a 6 inch inline exhaust fan and a 20 inch hurricane fan in tent. i put one inch super soil in bottom of the solos and then filled rest with mother earth’s peat moss starting soil. there is multiple holes in the clear solos and a couple of holes in the opaque solos i used to cover the clear ones.
made a mistake already… i used the water from the germs to water the solos and it mostly just ran out. forgot that the only way to water these is with the squirter lol
i am using distilled water only for the solos.

11 Likes

Sounds like fun @monkman ! I’ll be watching and learning . When you transplant , what are you using for soil ? I was using ffof but have switched to coco on 3 plants and happy frog on three others . The ffof was attracting bugs .

3 Likes

i am using a supersoil designed by the treehouse here in town (they are my local “support” group). the first try just used the mother earth peat soil on the first 4 plants, and then put an inch of super soil in bottom of solos when i did the last two plants of that grow. i was very happy with the supersoil in bottom as those plants took well to the transplant into next pots.

there are lots of folks using ffof on here and have good luck with it. i will not use it because the folks that use it around where i live don’t know how to flush it properly for harvest and i can taste the ffof on the pot i smoke. my bro in law’s comments to this was similar to mine. he said it makes all the pot taste the same.

4 Likes

It’s good that you have local support , I have a hydro shop just a half mile from home but their prices are a little high on some items . It is all about the taste , thats why we grow our own . I’m dropping some auto beans later today and will try your super soil bottom layer after they sprout .

3 Likes

@Cyle1 here’s the second try

1 Like

Awsome I love more stuff to look at

1 Like

i have spent the extra money to keep these guys in the loop. they are friends of my sister’s and i probably gave them an extra 5 or 6 hundred bucks from what i could have gotten shipped to home from online buying but we are in a small town and i am doing my part to help local business. but i am retired and doing decently… they also allowed me to do payments for the big ticket items (630 sunsystem cmh). i still owe them almost a grand, but will be caught up in two months.

4 Likes

@perry2 here is 2nd

2 Likes

That’s awsome payment plan

2 Likes

the total for my capital expenditures is around 2500. i am not including soil and nutes in this.

1 Like

Haa … same here , retired on the fixed income . Thats a good light . Good luck on the the second grow . HAGD

1 Like

tc and grow on bud!

1 Like

Investment that pays you back

1 Like

28% humid…84f degrees in veg tent.

the jiffy dome experiment did not work well. it did good keeping moisture in but also kept heat in. was 35% humid…91f in dome. that would probably work as they are just broke seed pod but i’m not taking that chance. i will order another humidifier from home depot when i go into town for lunch today.

1 Like

25% humid…82f degrees

35% humid…80f in veg tent

32% humid…78f in veg tent

the new humidifier will be here tomorrow so that will be the end of my humidity issues for awhile.

1 Like

32% humid…76f in veg tent

1 day germ/seed.

i have three plants popped up from soil this morning. it is so nice to see the babies.

3 Likes

40% humid…80f in veg tent

of course one of three plants has seed pod attached. it is one of the purples. i doused it in spit and will work on getting it off over next hour or two. this is second i’ve had like this and the first one was no problem after the spit technique.

1 Like