Monk's first try

please see post just above @MattyBear

i also dumped olive oyl today. she was 1/3 the size of any of the other plants. i now have an extra 3 gallon pot of super soil which is why i put two seeds in water. and now they are in solo’s.

2 Likes

I just used one of my likes!!! I got through reading your post about the limited likes.

Girls are looking good.

1 Like

55% humid 77f degrees

Ultimately, it’s up to you. I think you’ll have an answer on which way will produce quicker growth in a couple weeks :wink:

2 Likes

Happy birthday to your girls they look great and also I don’t think there is such a thing as a stupid experiment get your grow on!!!

3 Likes

planting into seed mix is perfectly fine, idk if it will cut down on veg time tho.
i plant all my seed directly into inert media, don’t even soak em.!

the one thing that does improve veg time during this stage is to have healthy seedlings come up as quick as possible.
for this reason i usually plant ‘extra’ and cull as needed, but up until now i always used bag seed.

good decision to drop the straggler,
make room for a more vigorous plant.!!

3 Likes

59% humidity 69f degrees, taken right after light turned on at 11pm

right now i have my tent door open all the time. i am doing this so that i can have the fan and humidifier blowing in the door to help keep humidity up, temp down, and to toughen up stems of plants. i don’t have exhaust or input fan on tent yet and am not in much of a hurry to get that done. towards the end of the month i will get my other 4x4 tent(which is already at the treehouse) that i will use for flowering and get the all the fans hooked up and filter in it installed so i can be ready to go to flowering. i like having my veg tent open now as it makes it easier to control stuff. projected flowering start is about a month from now, but that is a variable goal depending on how the plants fill out in next month. i will be consulting with Matty and slowoldguy on when to push that button when the time comes and i have shown them some pics.

3 Likes

group, homer, nancy, queen b, and trixie look lovely and healthy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

29 days out of soil, 3 days in 3 gal pots, one day of germ

58% humid 68f degrees

60% humidity … 65f degrees taken right after light turned on this afternoon at 3pm.

i opened the vent for heat upstairs. i would like to keep my germs a little warmer than 65

topped Trixie and Homer above 5th node and 4th node respectively. they were the two tallest plants. i might have did an oopsy on the topping. just repotted trixie 3 days ago and homer yesterday, hope it doesn’t hit them too bad.

i will keep nancy and queen b without topping. i will just do some LST on them. because queen b lost a leaf during transplant she will be the target of my aggressive leaf pruning learned via phototron. i have taken off the two biggest sun leaves which opened up light to the branches growing out from leaf crotches in the node two below them. those branches are an inch long.

SlowOldGuy

6d

wait for them to get mostly cloudy with 15-50% amber and less then 5% clear,
if u look at 20 trich’s u want 3-10 to be amber and 0-1 clear,
this is the optimum maturity, the best buzz and the heaviest buds.!

with little to no amber u sacrifice quality and weight,
over 50% amber and the weight starts to decline.

1 Like

51% humidity… 71f degrees

i noticed the light looked too close and i think my ladies grew an inch in two days the rascals. i moved the light back up to 20 inches. topping homer and trixie will help, they were the two tall ones.

30 days out of soil, 4 days in 3 gallon pots, 2 days of germ

47% humid…74f degrees

well, doggone it, i’ve seen others complain about this and had hoped it wouldn’t happen to me because i am such a klutz that i really didn’t want to deal with it.

my purple pinecone seed that came from an oz i just got and am smoking came up first from the two seeds i germinated to take the place of olive oyl. that was neat that it came out of the soil already but notice i said “it”. i have no idea of whether it is male or female where as the other is a fem white widow. but the really really bad thing is it is wearing a helmet. and i mean really wearing it lol. i looked at it and prodded it a little but left it alone as the whole plant except for the tap root putting it a quarter inch above the soil is inside the seed shell. i know i have to get that shell off, but i am thinking of leaving it as is for a day or two to see if it provides a better chance at getting the helmet without messing it up badly. good strategy or should i try to get it off immediately? @MattyBear @dbrn32

2 Likes

Give it some time. You can spray the shell or wipe some spit on it to help it come off too :v::bear:

2 Likes

thanks @MattyBear for the tip, i will use that tip tomorrow morning then if it is not more forthcoming.

2 Likes

That’s how it goes from a sativa to a saliva.

6 Likes

I use some precice tweezers that are spring loaded. Push the tips together, insert inside the seed shell opening and let the spring load pop the shell apart.

2 Likes

Try to keep it wet like Matty said. If you do have to remove it, should at least be softer.

1 Like