Monk's first try

I
M
Watching
You

Enjoy the ride!

1 Like

the LED light says 5000K 815 lumens 9.8 watts. i turned all 5 lights on as that didn’t sound like much. just trying to get past a couple days so my tent can get here and i can get my light up. if i should stick with fewer of these lights give a holler. i just got the model # to come up on search and it’s a 60 watt equivalent.

i will check it for heat to make sure not getting too hot.

3 Likes

i just found a place to buy ladybugs… Arbico organics not bad price to me, thought they were going to cost a lot but 12.99 for a bunch.

oops found another place that they were ten bucks so not that hard to find. this one had a good manual for using them.

5 Likes

Greetings @monkman I’m following your grow. If I’m not mistaken you are a Great Lakes man as am I. There is a Michigan company making a Super Soil that I’m giving a go. I have a journal going too with WW. They are VERY slow compared to my Sour Diesel and Original Glue. Check our my journal for pics. I’m a nube and only a month ahead of you.

Peace

3 Likes

Thanks @Verndoc welcome to another Michigander. read thru and am happy you gave a hollar, nice to have a precursor to read for my upcoming adventure :grin: just went upstairs to check on my runaway heathen (the one that is an inch ahead of the other and the yellow is mostly turned green now, but a little sickly looking green, like you were going to puke up creme de menthe lol the other two that were just showing are now more than green dots and one that had not shown yet is now visible under the moss she is pushing up so it looks like i will get 4 after all.

2 Likes

As i have one seed that is heads and tails (at this point) better than the other 3 seeds i was thinking of using her for a mother to my next grow and trying to do clones. but i am too interested in smoking different varieties so am going to do the superskunk next if it’s still on sale and then the baked sweets. i love all three in that one and think with two grows under my belt i might be able to handle those.

1 Like

Check out my update.

1 Like

is it on a grow journal @seascallop

Don’t think so

1 Like

where is the update @seascallop, i didn’t get a thing saying a new comment was done

Go to my topic critical purple and take a look

I’m all new to this computer stuff

kk bud, i am looking all over and just searched critical purple and it wasn’t there, what title was it under? beginner? indoor? and which subtitle. i am sorry but i can’t remember where it is at and i just burned a nice candy kush lol

New grow critical purple

1 Like

New grower myself, on my second attempt now three weeks from harvest. I learned so damn much in the first grow it is not even funny. The guys and gals here are great and always have great ideas. I am following the grow and look forward to seeing the progress @monkman :sunglasses:

5 Likes

thanks a bunch @Bandwidth and welcome, if this is anything like real life i will be providing some real oops shenanigans lol worth a chuckle but sometimes even worth a guffaw :wink: but i learn best from making mistakes. the reason i’m still here is the gang that is on. great people, generous and knowledgeable. and i need all the help i can get :+1:

Smoke on my friend

1 Like

all four plants in peat pellets are now showing their heads. all seem to be doing fine. i have removed the dome of my jiffy germer and have them sitting in a south facing window again today, no sunshine. i kept the 5 LED soft light bulbs on all night and plan to do it again. am going to my support gang today to make payment and get some stuff. i will get a bottle to mist spray water on my plants. it is very dry in my house due to winter though the pellets still feel a little dampish i want to get a spritz on them today.

4 Likes

Hey Monkman, great to see you have life! Some say to spray the leaves and some say not to. Definitely can get some burning on the leaves from light magnification. Likely depends on the light you’re using but I’m not sure on that. FYI - I just kept the soil moist and the humidity high. I hardly ever took them out of the dome. Mostly just to water and I didn’t water very much. I got paranoid because of all the people on here getting into trouble from overwatering. I think I went the other way and didn’t water enough but the plants never complained. I’m heading down to water the girls now. Right or wrong the last time I watered was the 9th - 5 days ago…

Congrats and enjoy,
:v:

2 Likes

I too am a Mitten State Newb on my first grow. Dove in head first, and tried three strains on my first go. I panicked at first, as they all grew at different paces, now I just water and talk to them, and let them be. My first “green” showed up Xmas day, now she’s beginning to flower. I’ve discovered I can make this project just as easy or difficult as I choose. Good luck.

4 Likes