Monk's first try

Lol @monkman no old man rides a bike 3 miles in 15 minutes. You’re only as old as you look :smile: wait that’s not right is it?

3 Likes

Lol I think I need to spend a day reading everyone’s journals just to catch up

2 Likes

@RandomlyRan here is my first try lol

1 Like

@Haildamaged this is my first grow, i am now smoking purple and widow

1 Like

i really like around 70 % to start seems reallly good area jus burp asap and often

i use tubs now cus i would need gal, jars (too dang expensive) i like the green tubs from wally world

1 Like

Wow that is a read lol glad to be here :wink:

1 Like

i am using 32 oz amber bell jars from wally world, 11 bucks for 4

1 Like

I use them for my extracts ,could only find a cpl here in Canada.

1 Like

welcome @Hoppiefrog. i was really honest on this, and i think i was a typical first try worry wart lol. made some major mistakes but got pot out the end!

2 Likes

Hey you did great you should be proud :wink: I love harvest time it’s a time to see what true pride can bring.keep given the girls the love my friend

2 Likes

this thread is mostly done, but i do have a bit to add here at the end. as an engineer i had a couple of “quality” seminars and classes. one of them was about the cost of non-compliance to quality. in this class you documented what it cost you if you did not do quality work the first time. this came to mind today when i came to the conclusion that i will have to buy an ounce of pot next Wednesday because i have about a week or week and a half of my “first” grow pot left and i’m two weeks away from harvesting candy from my second grow. if i had not killed 4 of the 6 plants in this grow i would have been able to make it between grows without having to buy any but between killing the plants and growing blue dream which has a 12 week, not 8 week flower it looks like i will have to buy at least one oz if not two. i would not have to buy any if i slowed down my consumption, but fck that! lol

6 Likes

Lol my suggestion was to smoke less but you covered it at the end lmao. Buy the oz, enjoy it, and next time dont kill yo plants and you’ll be done with the weed man. Hell, you can become the weed man :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

by the time i get the blue dream harvested i should be good to go without having to buy any more pot (knock on wood). the two strains i’m going to grow for the 3rd grow (LSD and banana kush) are both 8 week flowering plant so that should cover the time differential.

2 Likes

I knocked for you bro…I knocked on wood for myself not buying anymore too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you smoke a lot maybe try growing some autos. There faster finishers usually than photos.

3 Likes

i would but i’m height challenged. i only have 6ft tall tent so 72 inches. take away light and pots and i only have about 48 inches of room to grow in so i use photo’s on short veg to keep plants small.

3 Likes

The autos usually start flowering around day 20 at 10-12 inches tall. Through the stretch on all my GC autos they ended up around 28-30". My Gelato O.G. Auto looks to be following same path.

3 Likes

i will try the auto’s eventually. right now i’m just trying to learn to grow and still keep my pantry full so i can smoke for free after 50 years. oops, not free, but a lot cheaper lol. if the auto’s were dead on consistent i would maybe try them but you get some that don’t flower for months and i would just have to throw those out. also i have read that the auto’s might not be as potent as regulars because of the short veg time but that would also effect mine that i veg for 30 to 40 days. i did 30 day veg on my blue dream because they were supposed to be tall plants, with the LSD and banana cush i will be growing on third grow i will take them to 40 days.

5 Likes

I gotcha. Just something you might try if you run across some good auto beans.

3 Likes

What’s the avg yield for an auto you’ve grown?

2 Likes