Monk's first try

i have heard dbrn32 say that there are as many ways of growing as their are people growing. and one of my first comments on here was one that i live by. there are 50 roads to Rome and they all get there, some are faster, some are prettier, but in the end you end up in same place.

2 Likes

my cousins live in palmetto by bradenton and run a plant store. if florida ever legalizes recreational pot i’m moving in with them and making them grow pot lol @seascallop

1 Like

Ya here in Hamilton -18 roughly cold as balls until about mid April, planting for outdoors is may 24 weekend and harvest finishes October 10 to 20 which gets risky due to frost and thiefs ! Now that Canada in legal we can charge them lol 2 big rotties and a squeeky white lab makes it tough to get in my backyard to haha… @monkman very true bud it gets easier and easier as you grow and learn

1 Like

i am a huge wings fan started following them back in the 70’s when they were crap lol. boy did we get screwed on 3rd goal at arizona last night. they shot, missed, but the flashing lights and their foghorn started blaring for three seconds before the puck came out front and they finally scored. i think next time we are home, everytime we cross the blue line we should start flashing the lights and blowing the horn LOL. :unamused:

and i am very jealous of you being in florida @seascallop you will be able to grow fantastic photos outdoors there.

Two years ago I had six ten foot plants in back yard still had four more weeks to go then a hurricane hit , plants didn’t survive :disappointed:

@seascallop @Kroncaddycustoms

External Media

blackthumbbetty

External Mediamonkman

3m

Paranoid about every little thing first timer Grow Journal Grow Journals

I use the peat pots on autos, with no trouble. Once you up-pot them, they actually do a great job protecting young roots from too much moisture. I usually cut slits in the bottom of peat pots before burying them, dig a hole, pop in some myccorhizae and moisten the hole, and then bury in the peat pot. For about a week or two after transplanting, when watering/feeding, I keep the water liquid to the OUTSIDE of the peat pot, but right up against it. This ensures the peat pot stays moist, but t…

ty @blackthumbbetty

how’d ur house do? oops, sorry about the plants btw i grew some colombian seeds outdoors here 40 years ago in a guys back yard, they grew to be 12 and 15 foot tall, but never flowered right. you have to grow plants in our climate for five or ten years to get them to adapt. i have acquaintances who have grown here for 30 or 40 years.

62% humid 76f degrees

I was born and raised in Rhode island been here Little over 40 years. I grew in ri also.

1 Like

Ha! so I am not the only one! LOL

@monkman, hows them Babies looking now?

girls are looking good this morning. i noticed the new “stem” part is twice the size of the stem by the soil lol. i’m sure that will change with time. but love to see all the new growth i see just about every time up there every couple of hours lol @kw_Bat

Do you have a schedule for when you post pictures? Certian day if the week? Or just when u can?

i post pics on their weekly birthdays. so i’ve posted twice now. will post again in 4 days. i have to lug puter upstairs and i’m not very good at doing the pics yet, haven’t figured out a good way to stabilize the camera at right distance to get good pics. @kw_Bat

1 Like

50% humidity 77 f temp

i had opened the valve on top of dome to see if it would help lower temp by allowing more hot air to escape but closed it back up

@monkman, what kind of camera do you use? Am I seeing people use a cell phone with a zoom lens from e bay or amazon on it?

i have a 60x to 250x camera that usb to puter @kw_Bat

56% humidity 76f degrees

i saw no reaching of leaves due to light. no drooping due to lack of water.