Monk's first try

I always prune the giant ones.let light get through

Monkman

Just my thoughts …

I believe what you have is a phosphorus deficiency. When plants lack phosphorus, purpling or reddening of the leaves and stems can occur. Signs usually begin in lower leaves and branches and slowly work their way up the plant.

Bear in mind that some plants naturally turn red or purple due to their genetics but if you keep having this problem with many different strains, it’s probably not due to genes. Overwatering and cold temperatures can also exacerbate the problem so make sure those aren’t an issue for you before trying to add more nutes.

Phosphorus is the “P” in NPK (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium) meaning it’s a major nutrient needed by the plant to thrive. Most fertilizers made for the flowering stage will contain plenty of P and sometimes growers will mistake a pH imbalance for a deficiency, although it sounds like you check pH often so in your case I think it’s truly a lack of Phosphorus.

In order to treat this deficiency, you need to add nutrients with phosphorus. Organic forms of these include worm castings, bat guano, bone and blood meal and crab shells among others. If using bottled solution, use something where the NPK shows high levels of P. Most flowering or blooming nutrients meant for cannabis contain plenty of P. You should see the problem clear up within a week or so with new growth looking lush and green.

5 Likes

about ten days ago i gave this plant liquid bone meal and it had the purple starting then. i’m a week and a half or 2 and a half from harvesting this girl so i think it is just the strain. the plant has been between 68 and 81 degrees so don’t know about that. i haven’t seen this on any of the other plants that i have grown, but they were all white widows which i really messed up putting nutes in with super soil. the plant looks real neat and we will see what we will see. this is the only hope for getting a plant to properly finish out of my first 6. the last white widow is a possible for good bud, but the first four were all light leafy buds, not contracted. i have high hopes for me next group of six but i’m not nuting them until they beg for it. lol @garrigan62 thanks for the lookout!

4 Likes

I’m always on the prowl and watching and if i can add anything i will.
You are most likely correct and then you are only 2 weeks at best from harvest so you should be go to go my friend. And keep us posted on how she smokes lmao ok /

4 Likes

i have high hopes for the blue dream in my next grow, it only took me a half a grow to figure out to go by what the plant wants, not by anything i want. the whole point of the supersoil was for me to leave it alone, and i couldn’t do it lol. i have learned my lesson and will go on to my next crisis :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m still working on this as i type this, but it may intrest you,

3 Likes

great stuff. i have tried to take the soil out of the equation on my first grows but loved the idea of organic. Amanda at the treehouse is a big proponent and pushed me that way. the main thing i want is quality smoke with great taste and don’t care about quantity because it is for myself. i don’t have any idea how much it is costing me for my soil with 3 gallon cloth plant but will be looking at that when i have more experience. what i do like about her stuff is that she does the whole compost thing with her soil. i showed her the kind soil recipe which she hadn’t heard of and she said she has all but one or two items and has three or four they don’t have, some of them coming from overseas. i just really blew it by not seeing what her soil would do w/o extras. i can’t wait to get these blue dream in flower.

4 Likes

Monkman you got this shit now!
It’s great to be able to support a local business just down the road from you. Looking forward to your grows with water only :sunglasses:
You got the lights, tents temp and humidity in check.
Just water them when it’s time.
Smaller plants in smaller containers less water and try to water saucers sometimes so its wicked up into soil and the roots search down for water.
I still water lightly from top too but most in saucer. Add some wait awhile if gone add more…repeat.
It’s not always about the top inch or 2 of soil for moisture.

Bigger plants in bigger pots
Water needs increase as the plant mass increases and the rate of growth too. Here I water from the top in stages to give the soil a chance to wet its whistle so to speak. Think about a really dry summer with the dirt all dry and powdery…now picture that and a downpour and how the soil isn’t able to take it all at once so you’ll get run off wash away.
By wetting it with say 1/3 of what you expect to need per plant and wait for awhile and then another round and so on.
You can wait 30 min between or 2 hours just wanna spread it out some and allow the entire soil to get some. If you get a bit of run off on the third round (you can do 2 or 4 or ? Rounds just do more than 1) just check back in a while and see if she wicked it back up. If there is still a lot after an hour have an extra saucer and swap them out and dump it.
Sometimes it’s hard to figure how much each will take. That’s why I’ll use my soil probe to check moisture at multiple levels 2-3” and 5-6” and 8-9” and decide accordingly based on the big picture.
I’m no expert but this basic thought process has seem to work out for me for helping keep them well hydrated. If they show signs of drooping leaves it’s time to check soil moisture and you’ll know if that’s what’s happening and which ones will need the nectar of the Gods…water!

Ok I’m done rambling
You got this shit!

3 Likes

26 days germ/seed, 35 days veg, 61 days flower. 19 days germ/seed, 45 days veg, 47 days flower, 51 days 12/12.

3 days since watering purple
5 days since watering widow.

1 Like

monkman

The nice thing about the supper soil is, is that you can use it over and over again.
So ya sure you may have to shell out at first to get started but all in all your next runs won’t cost you no where near what it cost to get started.
and yes you will have to freash’n the soil up a bit but no big deal

2 Likes

ah ha, we are back, that was weird. site turned into read only mode on my puter. anyone else have that problem? i think it was because they had just put up new 4th sale.

1 Like

I have a lot of problems with the SCRIPT here at ILGM and I can’t use Internet Explore it wilkl freeze up my computer so now I use FireFox

1 Like

i’m on a cheap laptop i got froma buddy who has puter store in town, i always buy refurbished from him for 2 or 3 hundred. this one is getting too old though, it won’t update it’s programs anymore lol

1 Like

Now that’s old but not as old as Sasquatch

2 Likes

homer is now 59% humidity so i have decided to start smoking her. i just tried a mid-size joint and it wasn’t bad, had a bit of a sweet taste and burned well. not sure about the buzz yet and there was a small bit of hay taste, but not too much.

nancy is 63 and 65% in it’s two jars and queenb is 66%

2 Likes

26 days germ/seed, 35 days veg, 61 days flower. 19 days germ/seed, 45 days veg, 48 days flower, 52 days 12/12.

4 days since watering purple
6 days since watering widow.

1 Like

gave purple a gallon and a half of water with baccillus in. purple is drinking like a camel after a 2 month trek thru the desert. widow is close to needing watering.

queen bee is 66% this morn. nancy is 61 and 64.

here are the pics for this week. has been a hectic couple days, ma’s been in hospital getting a pacemaker.

purple pinecone 16 weeks old, 7 weeks flowering tomorrow

pp

4 Likes

pp1

5 Likes

pp2

5 Likes