Money no object best grow light

What’s the best of the best grow light company/grow light if money was no object?

1 Like

You need to state how big your growing space is

Start here

Then here

You need a light to fit your space though

@dbrn32 can help you

4 Likes

8x4 and 4x4.

1 Like

I fee like with some education and guidance, DIY will build the best light of your capable of it. JMO. With an unlimited budget you could really do a lot.

4 Likes

If you’re looking for hang it up and plug it in, Fluence bioengineering is what I would buy. Spydr 2i or 2p in PhysioSpec Indoor spectrum. The 2i is one of best performing grow lights available regardless of price.

4 Likes

Well damn. I’m done shopping lol

A couple of those for a 4x8 flower room would be oustanding.

3 Likes

Ouch! Again, glad I have a DIY QB setup with a similar efficacy of 2.5um/j

4 Likes

Thanks for taken the time to respond to this guys, very helpful info!! Going to try an do a DIY board.

4 Likes

Good decision! Plenty of ppl that can guide you to setup however large your space.

2 Likes

Are they THAT much better than say qb’s from hlg, (for a regular guy growing on a small scale—> harvesting 2 plants/8-12oz every 5 weeks)?
I get it for commercial grows, where every penny counts, but do the lights actually grow better weed, or just the same for slightly less money?

1 Like

For something plug and play, that is that efficient, you’d grow 4 times that worth of bud in one grow. So to me, the cost isn’t the biggest factor. When I get around to building a grow room again, I intend to get the best available…whatever will produce the most/best light for the fewest watts consumed. I agree though, if it’s only a slight increase in performance for such a huge difference in price, what’s the point? What’s the dill, pickle? @dbrn32

4 Likes

I believe you are limited in yield by the amount of light generated (and of course how healthy your plants are), so a light 3-4x the cost producing the same amount of light will yield the same amount. The best light they have is producing 2.7um/J. You can get the same efficiency with the 288V2

Spectrum also has an effect also but they appear similar (although their far red is much higher):

PhysioSpec Indoor

HLG QB288V2

@Drinkslinger @elheffe702 those are pretty much the reasons I don’t suggest everyone go out and buy these. I don’t really have a stiffy for hlg or anything like that. I just know there’s a lot of savings in buying the kits or individual components. If you wiped out the kits and components, hlg’s stuff is priced in line with everything else. Actually, Pacific light concepts PLC 6 was more light per dollar than an hlg-550. But not if you buy 4 boards worth of components and assemble yourself, that’s nearly half the cost of the ready to hang assembly.

The $1500 price tag is quite a poke in the wallet, I agree. But you’re getting a fixture as or more efficient anything else available, and the latest in supplemented white light spectrum. Hlg doesn’t really even have fixtures that compete. Two hlg 360 elites is about same light spectrum and total light output, but would cost $1600 and is a big drop in efficacy. The gavita pro 1650 is almost right there and a little cheaper. But they’re also now owned my the mothership, so I don’t send plugs their way. Amare also now has a competitive light too. But I don’t know you get the support with those either.

6 Likes

I just looked that bad boy up, $1500! Now that’s a light.

1 Like

You have to watch judging lights by price. There are some really expensive lights that aren’t near as good.

1 Like

I’m sure, but that one looks like it’s wortg every penny. I’m finishing with QB288 x2 build today. Thank you @dbrn32 for all the help.

2 Likes

Very nice!

Won’t be long for me, either, hopefully. I want to plan it well and go all out once I’m ready.

1 Like