Mom and dad are asleep... Xmas

Visiting my parents.

Original Beatles album. McIntosh, AR speakers…

Doesn’t get better.

18 Likes

@Audiofreak

Holy crap my dad had a set of those! And that same record.
I use to hate his music growing up cuz all he would play was Classic rock so pretty much the Beatles Beach boys AC/DC styx queen now that I’m older and wiser I love that stuff!

Merry Christmas and blessing be. Smoke one for me today my fellow friends.

3 Likes

Yes??? You rang?

1 Like

That’s a nice vintage rig. This is what I listen to…

Whatever I put on this sounds real good. Merry Christmas!

11 Likes

Nice, I just figured you’d like this post! Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Hard core vintage audio fan.

2 Likes

Maybe some ‘Red Bud’ or ’ Acapulco Gold’ to mellow it out a bit…:>)

3 Likes

Damn I remember smoking both of those… well when I say REMEMBER you know what I mean!

4 Likes

My dad still has all of his system. There’s 4 901v’s that speakers are all dry rotted though :confused:

3 Likes

That sucks dude! Maybe one year for his bday or fathers day you guys could do some restoration mods with new speakers!? Forgive my ignorance to audio equipment or if this would be a bad idea… Would be a fun project to do together though!

2 Likes

Bose 501’s I still have but also have

rotted . Old School . lol

3 Likes

Too cool, my uncle was a huge audiophile and basically lived for anything music related. He lived in a single wide trailer in rural Oklahoma and I kid you not had 8ft custom built towers and he converted half of his living room into his studio/dj booth. I would spend weekends there and that’s where I learned to love music of all genres from techno to hip hop all the way to blues and swing. He was a great man and opened my mind and eyes to many styles of living life. There were many of weekends where that trailer was rattling wall to wall lol and I wonder why I’m hard of hearing so early in life!

3 Likes

Those old Bose all rotted the surrounds out. But they can be rebuilt. New surrounds cost about 25.00 each plus labor. Not to cost effictive.

1 Like

I re did all the surrounds a few years ago. It was cheap and easy. I figured I owed it to the equipment, since I abused the crap out of those AR speakers when I was a kid. To be honest I can’t believe that McInrosh still works after all these years.

1 Like

That mac equip will outlast most of us. The AR’s are deff worth restoration. If you ever want the sort out the mac let me know (I know a guy) LOL 40+ years exp. working on them.

4 Likes

!961 Chevy Impala ,CRAIG 8-Track,Mind-Blower-Tri-Axials and my brand new FANDANGO tape…and a big sack of that '$20 @ oz 'seedy as hell paraquat pot…ahhh,good times…:>)

2 Likes