Mold resistant strains

hello, i really want to try granddaddy purple autoflower-i am new and am growing dwc-i am also concerned about the possibility of mold-should i go for it?
thanks

2 Likes

Yes I found a mold resistant but I really want to try Granddaddy Purple so I wanted to see if anyone had an experience with that particular plant and relation to mold

1 Like

I find it a vigorous strain. Adding a little silica to the nutrition system will help make it stronger too.
Autos dont get real dense in the bud structure so keep the air moving and it should be fine.
You will like it. Mine were super frosty.

2 Likes

I have GDP clones that are 50 days into flower stage (12/12). Great strain and plants (ILGM GDP). As long as you can control temps and humidity in the grow space, and provide adequate air movement, you should not have a problem

2 Likes

I have that plant flowering out now in less than ideal conditions (temps ~80-90° and humidity around 20-50% rh). She is not moldy at the moment - seems to be thriving in my BS environment.

1 Like

Great. Thank you for that. I’m going to give it a go.

If you’re indoor growing its more of a matter of airflow and healthy defoliation then getting a mold resistant strain 8 grows in and I’ve never gotten mold

1 Like

Never had a mold issue with granddaddy purple keep in mind air flow being plants best friend.
Good luck

I have a very damp home.

If you have problems with mold in your home, you will likely have problems with mold during flowering. Not only is your house already full of mold spores but the air your tent draws in to cool itself will be wet already increasing the RH inside your grow space. Before planting get a dehumidifier. Mold resistance doesnt mean mold immunity. Best way to fight mold and mildew is high circulation and high air exchange rate and excellent control over RH. Air purifier in tent room prolly help too. Be sure to get a filter fine enough to catch spores

What part of your environment are you unhappy about? Well within growth peramiters is why Im asking.

Oh, it’s just because of the inability to get it within “ideal” entirely. No humidifier (edit to add: I have one, and it’s actually quite good, it just requires frequent refills and I don’t have the time to do that so I’d rather skip it), no way to cut the high temps down without creating a $400 electric bill. Leaf temps can get real high. VPD is frequently outta whack.

I can grow - I can stress test - I can get good yields. Absolutely not saying that it’s not a good growing environment. I just know it could be better.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help and suggestions.
My whole house is pretty damp I have my tent set up in the Kitchen close to a basin sink for carrying water I’m doing dwc
I I do have a Viva son dehumidifier my humidity level still is about 60 to 65%. Maybe I should get another dehumidifier?

You can get bud rot with GDP if it’s above 60%. I lost a couple of 1liter bottle sized buds when I was using DWC so I had to buy a 24pt dehumidifier to get it down to 50-55%. I switched to food and drain later and haven’t had bud rot again. The problem is the dehumidifier warms up the room so I have to crank up the AC in late flower. I refuse to lose another big bud to mold or rot @ingridS

1 Like