Mold Prevention Products during Flower

I live in a hot/humid environment, last season was plagued by bud rot.
As my flowers near maturity this season, I have been doing research into fungicides and wanted to hear everyone’s opinions.

I was torn between Agrowlyte and Grower’s Allys Fungicide, anyone have experience with either of these products?

Do they actually work to prevent mold?

It seems too good to be true if I’m being honest

I would consider a peroxide water mix but no fungicide in flower.

2 Likes

I use a homemade spray made of food-grade potassium bicarbonate, unscented Castile soap (doc bronners) and water 2-3 times a week or more if needed up to and after harvest.

Mix 1 teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate and 1/2 teaspoon of soap into a 28-32 ounce sprayer and shake well to mix…

Spray liberally all over plants including leaves, flowers, stalk and top of soil.

Use to prevent or treat infected areas.

Remove all areas of rot / necrosis and don’t be afraid to soak plant down.

Try to keep plants out of humidity if possible and maybe even consider an early harvest if infection is severe enough.

Good luck!

I see a couple things we can do to help prevent it. Keep your plants well pruned, open structure… well ventilated, keep the area clean and free from dead plant material. Watch for insects, particularly caterpillars and worms, those little bastards are responsible for the majority of bud rot. Inspect regularly, every morning and every evening for leaf damage.

1 Like