Mold or tricomes

Beautiful ladies. It looks like trichomes 4 me but let’s wait for a better answer from the pros .

1 Like

That is mold. So sorry for you. :pensive::pensive::pensive:

2 Likes

Nothing I can do

With how advanced it is, doubtful. I will tag some growers.

@Myfriendis410, @Covertgrower, @dbrn32, @Hellraiser

And its a shame as the plant looks good. Here is how it should look with no mold and any other problem.

I only worked with Bacterias and mold while studying Biochemistry.

2 Likes

Maybe you can find some info here

2 Likes

That is mold. I would cut it out, and be cautious with the rest. Increase air flow, and air exchange, as well as lower RH.

5 Likes

What is your current air exchange setup?

1 Like

1 Like

Yup. See how things go with removal. You can treat with peroxide solution afterwards, but if you don’t have good air flow and lower rh it’s unlikely to help much.

3 Likes

Open those buds up and look inside that will tell you for sure. For whatever reason the buds are drying out and the sugar leaves are turning brown or its mold causing it. What came first I couldn’t tell you without knowing the situation and environment. I definitely wouldn’t smoke it. Make edibles or extract

Well it’s gsc extreme from ilgm and it’s supposed to be o be mold resistant I kinda pulled apart almost all the big colins and found no more of any sort stuff that resembled that area

1 Like

Sugar leaves have neut burn then over fed potassium then fixed that issue and there 9 weeks in flower so they are starting to turn purple only got my estimate 3 more weeks

I am on my second grow and I opened buds up and all the mold or so dissapeared so I’m a bit confused :confused:

Cut the bad buds out and spray with hydrogen peroxide mix. It will stop the spread then check everything when you harvest :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’m not sure, waiting for someone more seasoned to answer. @HappyHydroGrower @plumbdand @pillsbury @Hellraiser
I had this on mine at harvest and assumed it was mold. I did a wash and being overcautious I used entire harvest for edibles and extract as I’m sure the oven decarb and baking and the alcohol extraction would make it ok for everything except smoking.

3 Likes

Is this a duplicate thread? @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Prob my bad

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not sure about the mold. Fortunately, I’ve never had to deal with that so I don’t, sorry! Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

To me it looks like the small hairs on the plant aswell as trichomes

1 Like