Mold on harvest

|###<>|8:29 PM (1 hour ago)||

|
| — | — | — |
|to Robert

|

I have harvested my six White Widow cannabis plants grown legally in Massachusetts. Hung them in a windowless shed for one month. Clipped 50/60 buds to travel with me to FL. and deposited them in a mason jar, from instructions, to maintain freshness. One week later, I saw mold on some of the buds. I dried one and smoked it. I had one hit and had a mild high. I also ground a 1/4 ounce before the mold set in, heated it in 1/2 C vegetable oil and used it in a brownie box mix. I consumed 1/4 of a standard brownie square, from information obtained on line, and got no buzz at all. Please help. Thanks, Joe

You might want to edit that post and remove your email address. You can click the pencil at the bottom of your post to edit it.

@elheffe702 @raustin @Countryboyjvd1971 can you guys help him. Seems to have got some wrong info on harvest and curing but I’m to new to give any help in that area.

1 Like

Thanks Doobie. Wasn’t aware address would be posted,Joe

1 Like

No worries. Glad you got it fixed. The others I tagged can help and I’m sure others will see this before to long.

1 Like

Thanks again Doobie. Didn’t know how to edit,Joe

1 Like

You must decarboxylate weed before you can cook with it. It makes the THCA and converts it into THC that way the THC can be passed into the butter/fatty substance.
Without first decarbing your weed, you will get none, or a very small amount of the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis.
Usually your flame does this at the time of smoking, or vape.
If you Google decarbing weed. There are plenty of guides to help you reach yourdestination. Might besome on ILGM not sure.

1 Like

I decarb mine at 240 degrees for 40 minutes.

1 Like

You are going to want to use about an ounce of good bud in a batch of brownies

1 Like

Thanks for the tag.

When you harvest, you want to make sure it’s not too humid where your buds are drying, otherwise you will get mold. You should hang your buds for 7-10 days until the stems snap rather than bend. Then it’s time to put them in jars for curing.

The curing process brings out the tastes and smells of the strain, so it’s important not to rush it. Once a day you open the jars for 20 minutes for air exchange, you do this for two weeks. Then you burp the jars every few days for a month, after that, once a month to keep them fresh. It’s also a good idea to shake the jars after burping.

I don’t know how to get mold off after buds are dry, but I wouldn’t smoke it. You should discard any buds that are moldy.

As mentioned, you need to decarboxilate the weed before you cook with it. There are many ways to di this, but you can simply put it in the oven at 240°F for one hour, let it cool, and it’s ready to cook with usually to make butter or oil.

1 Like

Thanks.Got it,Joe

Thank you,got it,Joe

Thank you,got it, Joe