Mold,Mildew?Please help!

Hey ILGM Fam…Lately I been noticing a white substance on my plants.At first I thought it was trichomes but it seems to be getting progressively worst.This I my first grow so any help would be appreciated.Thx

Humidity:40%
Temperature:71 degrees
Plenty of airflow

2 Likes

Are you using an ultrasonic humidifier?

1 Like

Looks like wpm. White powder mildew. Need to get more air circulation in yhe area. Defol some of the thicker foliage to allow air to pass thru the plant. Get the temp and rh in better control. Many factors to this. I run into this alot in my spare bath diring wintertime. Take plant in an area u can spray it down good. Outside bathtun ect. Mix like a cup of hydrogen peroxide to a gallon of water and spray the plant down i cover the soils with garbage bags and tape around the main so it keeps the peroxide water off the soilnot to kill any bacteria on the soil but spray plant leaves over under stalks all down and let sit a few mins. I spray twice letting sit 3 mins between each spray then thorough rinse the leaves with reg water. Place in fron of a fan to dry it all off real well an hr or so turning plant every 10 mins or so to get the whole plant. Once dry where u can mobe it and not get water drips u can put back in that dpot but while its drying id spraydown the tent or area with a good water bleach or water peroxide mix to kill any mold gtowing around from the plants spreading anything. Welcome and good lick. Oh and a bud was is always best at the end when u harvest too. Better safe than sorry lol

3 Likes

I’m using a evaporative humidifier

Thanks for the info.Will be trying this today.I’m about 4 week into flower.Will spraying it down have any effect on the bud?

Okay. Ultrasonic humidifiers often leave a white powdery film of minerals around growing tents. I would focus on what @Mark0427 said above. Peroxide will get rid of it if it is WPM. You can spray a dilute peroxide/water mixture directly on the plant without hurting it.

1 Like

I appreciate the help.One more ? and I’m good to go.Do the spray water need to be Ph’d?

1 Like

If you have some neem oil, you can apply it to the leaves right before lights out. Hydrogen peroxide is a temporary solution that will kill it also. I would increase air flow, and air exchange.

2 Likes

I just use ro water and peroxide no phing.

1 Like

I can’t really see but the pic of the bud all I see is trichs. Are you sure the white isn’t fertilizer spill or something else man made?

1 Like

Pic of the whole plant by chance with that temp and rh idk why you would be dealing with wpm i almost feel as if its from running youre humidifier

Sorry for late reply.Here’s a few pics taken today after peroxide treatment.White spots seem to disappear overnight.I think it worked.Thanks to all for the help!!!

2 Likes

I see you’re humidifier rite below youre plant if it continues to come back move the humidifier over to one side of the tent it dosnt need to be directly under the plant i can almost guarantee its not wpm and that its from the humidifier also youre plant is realy open not compact or brushy and as long as you have good air flow you realistically shouldn’t be dealing with wpm also what type of water are you using in youre humidifier?

1 Like

I agree.Now I think about it the only plant that had a little white powder was directly in contact with the humidifier.I just moved it away from all plants.I use RO water btw.

1 Like

Yeah I can almost guarantee it’s scale mineral from youre RO water in the humidifier it happens to me in my tent and mainly happens to the plants closes to the humidifier

1 Like