Mold / bud rot after drying?

Hey everyone . I just harvested my first grow - Blue Dream outdoors in organic super soil . The buds were super sticky, dank and very dense throughout the entire grow . I noticed around week 9-10 of flower the trichs we’re still mostly clear and some cloudy with very little to no amber but the stickiness and dank smell started going away .I flushed and watered with only distilled water the last 2 weeks before harvest. Due to the colder temps I chopped in flower at 11 1/2 weeks .
Anyway , I did a bud wash and hung for 8 days at 65° , 55% humidity the first 2 days then dropped it to 45% till the small branches snap and buds crispy to the touch. As I’m dry trimming I noticed the buds don’t have very much smell . Some of the buds had a slight smell that’s hard to describe , I would say an ammonia type of smell ? ( not like hay ) . Some of the buds had amber color on some of the sugar leaves . I’m worried that I have some bud rot , mold or mildew . I just harvested over 2 lbs and I’m still not done trimming and I don’t want me or anyone else consuming anything moldy or unhealthy. I appreciate anyone’s opinion as this was my first grow . I have attached some pictures of the buds using a digital microscope, I’m not seeing any signs of anything bad but would love some advice .

3 Likes

Washing causes loss of smell and darkness in color, plus it’s blue dream which is colorful. It’s hard to tell in pictures but I don’t see anything that looks bad. I would just keep anything you think looks suspicious or smells different separate from everything else, keep your hands and shears clean with alcohol after working with the suspect buds. If it’s rot you will know as time passes it will grow and spread

3 Likes

Thank you for your time !

2 Likes

I don’t see anything either.

1 Like

They look good to me also. Mold and bud rot looks web like under magnification. It can be tough to determine without magnification when the buds start changing color. I see lots of amber trichs. Also some clear. Don’t see mold. Might not want to smoke that fly wing. :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with @MeEasy.
It may have been the bud wash that altered your smells.
If anything looks suspicious, just put em aside (like everyone else is saying).

I also cannot see any issues in your pics.

Congrats on your first harvest, by the way.

2 Likes

Thank you !

1 Like

I must have missed that lol. Thank you !

1 Like

Your buds are fine, you haven’t curred them yet so don’t rush to any conclusions yet.
If they are moldy you will tell Durring the cure it will grow mold.
So remember to burp it until humidity levels off at 62% or within 2%. Then toss a humidity pack in and wait 3 weeks.
Some of my weed still smells musky or cheesey all weed smells different even growing the same strain sometimes that’s why it’s called pheno hunting

3 Likes

Thanks @Nicky ! I appreciate your knowledge

Heck that looks better than the bud sold at dispensaries!

2 Likes

Lol , Thanks @Cannabian !! I’m proud pulling 2+lbs out of my very first grow . Just hope I don’t mess it up now

2 Likes

Put the buds in ball jars with a 62% Bovada pack and burp the jars a few times a day the first week. By week 4, the smell will be very strong. Curing is the answer :sunglasses: … Btw, your buds look outstanding too. Nice job.

1 Like

Thank you !! I’m very happy with my first grow/harvest !