MO_Grows Autos Round 2

That is a lot of mixing lol I ended up mixing just over 50 gallons myself :cold_sweat: I have enough soil to finish the year :sweat_smile: here’s a copy paste from an email I got from the greensunshine guys when I asked how to feed autos. I know you have the supersoil in the bottom so this is not how you will be doing it this time just wanted to share it with you for future reference

AUTOS

We often get asked how to best use Earth Dust when growing Autoflowers. This is a basic guide to follow that may help with your success! To start, follow the instructions on your bag to amend your media with the Base mix and allow to cook for 2-4 weeks. It is safe to sow your seeds directly into your soil, however using a peat starter plug can help assure your seeds a safe start. Once you’re plant has matured to day 30-35 you will want to apply your top dressing of Boost at a rate of 3-4 tablespoons per gallon of media and rake it into the top 1 inch layer of media and water. Make sure the top layer of your soil stays moist for a couple of days to allow the nutrients to penetrate into the substrate below. This should provide your plant with all of the nutrition it should need to finish its full cycle. If your plants shows any sign of deficiency, try to incorporate a boost or compost teas to supplement. Remember when growing with a living soil, it is best to keep it simple and let nature go to work. Please let us know if you have any questions and happy growing

4 Likes

Thanks @MeEasy that’s going to be helpful! Much appreciated. Do you think my supersoil in the bottom will make that much difference on feeding? Dang, I gotta go to bed. Catch up tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’ll be heading that way myself here pretty soon it’s been a little crazy here today…
I don’t think you will have to do any feeding at all especially in the larger pots. You should be water only start to finish and that’s what sunshine said too.
I’m pretty sure I already told you about this stuff but in case I didn’t, I use potassium silicate and aloe once a week throughout my grows. These are more like a vitamin for your plants and I noticed a difference in my stem strength when I started using it. You can get both from Kisorganics $20 bag of potassium silicate lasts me a year or so but the aloe is a little expensive $60 for a 4oz pack it’s only 1/8 tsp/gallon and lasts quite a while but I found it in powder form on Amazon that is for human consumption for like $10 for a half pound so I got some and have been using it haven’t noticed any changes don’t see why there would be it’s pure aloe. Some people buy it in gel form or even grow their own. It’s not at all a must to use any of this stuff I just do for like I said a vitamin. If you want the link for the powder aloe just let me know I’m sure it is in my order history

1 Like

@MeEasy I have your description you gave me bookmarked but go ahead and post on here, maybe it will be helpful for someone else. I do need to order. I’m guessing the potassium silicate is going to take the place of the silicon solution I had fed the first go with my synthetics. Also what about terpinator. I have enough left for this run. I have read it’s ok to use with organics but it doesn’t not specify. Is anyone out there familiar? If in doubt at all, I will not use it.

1 Like

I’ve never even heard of a terpinator but I’m gonna say it’s probably not needed you’ll be amazed by the difference in taste growing true organic. As for potassium silicate it’s not part of ED it’s just something I use I’ve heard sand can give you the silicate. Anyone interested in checking out the stuff I use it’s from kisorganics and just recently I started using aloe vera powder to save a dollar
admin-ajax.php-2_960xScreen_Shot_2016-10-08_at_3.07.12_PM_720x

2 Likes

The problem I foresee encountering is watering with the proper amount in these 7 gallon pots. I am having a problem visualizing how much water these pots need. I am worried I will be over or under watering. I am trying to practice while they are cooking. I haven’t had any spill out the bottom yet and they seem to be staying pretty moist.

I’m running 10 gal and watering 1 gal of water or nutes every two to three day with about 10% run off. Just enough to test PH and ppm’s. Are you from MO? I"m arround Nevada.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I am going to try for no runoff as I am doing a living soil this time. Sounds like I am going to be using a lot of water, lol. I am just outside Springfield, not far from Nevada.

1 Like

Nice to Know I worked in springfield Quit a bit was in the explosive business for 20 yrs.

1 Like

I love it around here. Nice place to live and raise a family! We use blasters every now and then to put in some utilities or roads. Here in limestone country it’s a necessity sometimes! If you ever need anything or are in a pinch for something, let me know, I keep extra on hand generally of lots of things.

Thanks for the offer! Might try to meet up sometime. Liked a little bar in Springfield called Cody’s

1 Like

That would be awesome, very familiar with Cody’s. My girlfriend used to bartend there. Great burgers!

1 Like

Maybe after Covid settles down in Springfield we can have a beer? Or three!

2 Likes

For sure. We are a hotspot in the nation right now. The mayor just declared a state of emergency to get more federal help in here. I’m just laying low and taking care of my girls right now! I have been vaccinated so I am not as stressed as some. Thanks for reaching out :facepunch:

Yea me to I’ll be talking to ya.

1 Like

I need to start planning my starts. @MeEasy I picked up some peat moss plugs as I saw you had used and a germination dome for them. Along with my mat and controller I will hopefully have success :crossed_fingers:. I am going to scoop out about 2 cups in my pots and replace with just happy frog just to give them a little softer if a start. How long until I should start seeing roots out of the plugs? I’m guessing germination to be 36 - 48 hrs. Soil has been cooking for 4 days now and should be ready in about 10. How does everything sound? Anyone feel free to chime in or offer advice.

2 Likes

Did another press today @ConcreteBudz. 14.53 g of flower I grew (the variegated runt) and pressed out 2.9 g of rosin. 203°. It was the best yet and I love the consistency so far. Might end up being a little sticky but will see after a few days in the freezer.

2 Likes

I did use a rapid rooter for the first time and my days n process was… on the 17th I dropped the duck into a cup with water and a splash of peroxide 24hr later I dropped it in a pre soaked rooter saw a single root coming from the bottom on the 22nd and outside into her 5 gallon forever home… this is her this morning after a bit of rain last night still alive, was a little worried about the rain

2 Likes