MO 2021 Outdoor grow

I’m a little late starting this journal. Just recently decided to start one.
This year I’m growing Ayahuasca Purple, OG Kush, Blue Dream Auto, and an unknown bagseed. The AP was started at the end of March, and the OG Kush and the bagseed(I’ve been calling Skunk just due to the smell) was started about a week later.
About a week and a half ago I received my first order of seeds from ILGM. After making some mistakes with a bunch of these seeds, I’ve finally got a few germinated and growing. Making the decision to switch to coco for next year to start seeds to, hopefully, lessen my worries of damping off.
Everything, this year, is, currently, growing under 3 HLG 65 V2’s, as well as 75 watts of household LEDs I threw in there. They are growing in reused soil from last year (the bigger 2) and the others are in an organic potting mix that I had to add lime to and flush to raise the ph and lower the tds. The fertilizer I’m using is dry amendments from Down to Earth, as well as Vine Vitality Fish & Kelp, Epsom salts, Silica blast, and Plant Probiotics for microbes.
The plants will remain indoors until June 10th, when they’ll be planted outside in 30 gallon pots.

After a few issues with ph early on and the seeds not germinating, I can finally say everything is growing beautifully.

Hoping 2021 will bring a bountiful harvest!

Ayahuasca Purple (Germinated March 27th)

OG Kush (Germinated April 4th)

Skunk (Unknown bagseed)
From what I can tell, this one is just showing signs of sex. Appears to be female, but no pistils yet.

Blue Dream Auto (Germinated May 23rd)
This is the biggest one. The other 2 have just started germinating and I haven’t got pics of them yet.

And I’ve also take a few clones from the bigger 2 girls.

@dbrn32 @MattyBear @PurpNGold74 @Covertgrower @BobbyDigital @Hellraiser @Cannabian @repins12

13 Likes

Looking like they’re off to a great start! Happy growing! :seedling:

2 Likes

Diggin that mainline!

4 Likes

Looks good, nice mainline!

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! It was originally supposed to be a flux, but I decided to top her a 2nd time due to space restrictions.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Looks like you are off wiht a good plan.

May I ask; what was the tds before you flushed? How long ago did you flush? I ask, because you seen to have a little bit of a deficiency, possibly caused by flushing.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tuned and watching ya. Best of luck and lets see some big buds

1 Like

The tds was over 900. I only flushed the organic soil right before I planted the Blue Dream Auto seeds. The only other one planted in that soil was the Skunk, but she was planted before I flushed the rest of the soil. The biggest two are planted in the reused soil from last year and I’ve had fewer problems with them than the others. Although, the bigger two may show some signs of deficiency because they’ve been in these pots for 2 months and I just recently reamendended them.
As for the Skunk, she’s the one that’s been giving me the most problems with ph. The organic soil runoff ph was 5.3. I’ve added lime, but she’s just now responding in the last couple days.
The only soil that was flushed was to be used as a seedling mix for the Blue Dream auto seeds. And I brought the tds down from 900 to 180. The AP, OG Kush, and Skunk have all been amended.
I did notice some spots on the first set of leaves on the BDA but they’ve been like that since the beginning, so I haven’t worried.

1 Like

Awesome. Well, you sem to have it under control. The only thing I would like to share is that i believe and have grown many times with tds of 800 ppm. So 900 to me is not a stretch for not too strong, but I am not in the room and seeing what you see day to day. IMO 180 is really a weak mix.

I will leave you to it and thanks for the info. Happy growing.

1 Like

I flushed to lower the tds because I was having issues with getting the seeds to germinate and thought, with the help of some of the fine people on here, that the mix may be too hot for the seeds. If it weren’t for that, I wouldn’t have worried about the 900 ppm.

1 Like

And thanks for taking the time! I can definitely use all the knowledge given. Still kinda new to this. This is only my 4th year growing.

1 Like

You got me beat! Year 3 for me… working on 4? I think.

Nope actually 3. My 3 year ILGM next week :tada:

3 Likes

August will be my 4th year here!

2 Likes

Pothead…. Third year :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Hell yeah! Great lineup!

1 Like

Oh!!! I see. You started the seeds in the FF soil right off the bat? If I got you correctly. Next time, go get some ProMix, or Sunshine mix and use a 16 oz solo cup. You might like the results.

2 Likes

It wasn’t FF, it’s Better Homes & Gardens organic soil. The only organic option in my town lol
And the plan is to get a brick of coco before I start more seeds.
That’s what @MattyBear recommended.
What is the sunshine mix?

1 Like

I can walk you through a complete grow using coco and Jacks 321. Easiest regimen out there IMO

1 Like

Fire results too. Jacks is one of , if not the cheapest and easiest nutrients to use out there. I have tried around 10 different nutrient brands over the years and Jacks is by far the winner

3 Likes