MJ plants in the wild vs indoors

Well in that case id say aim for the hills cause water is the only real issue, and if thats not an issue for you, then you may aswell grow some monsters!

1 Like

Growing out doors is a game in itself, MotherNature will Always throw that curve at ya, Start with quality seeds, make a game plan and go to Farm, watch the weather,and know your Critters !! Love it !!

2 Likes

Have you had any bug problems? They seem to be in abundance here
Bugs as in MJ pests i should add, not the average mosquito :joy:

Sorry I hopped on and started reading your guys tread Iā€™m an outdoor grower myself itā€™s so awesome how were able to be able to communicate and help each other out sorry to bother you guys

1 Like

The more the merrier here hog! Outdoor growers seem to be a dying breed these days, so the more of you guys around to help out the better! Plus Iā€™ve seen some of your buds and they are mighty fine

1 Like

I think you may have more of a variety of bugs, yes we do have Mites and more critters that eat plants at a young age , but THC is a natural bug inhibitor, the resins pot make are to repel animals and insects so as to protect the plants seeds. I have had Great luck with "Garden Safe Fungicide 3"an organic fungicide, insecticide and miticide (neem oil base) during the pre flower and flowering phase.

1 Like

I live in Northern climate though I would love to grow outdoors not very practical for me at this juncture maybe after I build a green house where I can hide them in lol

I really appreciate that this is actually my first indoor grows I ordered plenty of seeds but started seven and had seven successful indoor grows which Iā€™m still in the process of my last one is a bubblegum I have a Picture of it for Januaryā€™s bud of the month it turned out beautiful but I yield so much more outside than inside Iā€™m really excited to try the autos outdoors

1 Like

One thing Iā€™ve been wondering with indoors vs outdoors, even with the exact same strain indoors plants seem to be so much more susceptible to hermie. My guess is basically what @Donaldj stated at the very start, outdoors plants have no choice but to harden up from the very start, Iā€™ve gone out to my grow countless times and theyā€™ve been wilting away due to no water, theyā€™ve handled weeks of 35-40.C temps, and countless bug attacks from what it seems like every bug known to man, but they hang in there and continue doing there thing.

1 Like

Unfortunately its either guerrilla grow in the bush, which Iā€™m sick of doing, or own a big property with plenty of room to hide themā€¦ If youā€™ve got the right environment, then growing outdoors can be a rewarding thing to do

@Hogmaster And you donā€™t have to pay for the lighting growing outdoors :+1: I want to try some autos next season, just a few mid season to see how they go. Never grown blueberry so thinking of trying that

1 Like

Absolutely no worries there @Hogmaster, glad to have you aboard, Are you kidding, Thatā€™s some Sweet Bubble Gum in the BOM entry this month, I plan on starting in FF soil and transplanting into ProMix, any thoughts on this greatly appreciated !

1 Like

I completely understand that fortunately I have a gentleman that allows me to mushroom hunt on his 200 acres of wooded and I just happen to playing a few seats next to the creek that has a natural stream been doing it for several years I told him when I go out morel mushroom hunting I will give him half of anything again and I think itā€™s been 10 years and I giving 5 pounds to 20 pounds a year so he is happy to let me do my thing I donā€™t make a mess I donā€™t leave trash Iā€™m respectable to his land just wish it was my land

Okay @Donaldj I have only had one grow but the three plants were all treated different. Do to room I almost got rid of one plant but @ktreez420 encouraged me to experiment on it instead

it is shocking what they can survive .

3 Likes

Youā€™ll actually think Iā€™m full of it but Iā€™ve been using Foxfarm ocean soil and I did not use any nutrients at all I use distilled water pH between 5.8 and 6.8 use 3 gallon smart Pots and I used primarily to 1700 lm CFLā€™s and three 300 W meizhi led lights and a cheap tent I bought off of Amazon and I do start out in a solo cup and I do transfer my autos they say itā€™s bad for a and a cheap tent I bought off of Amazon and I do start out in a solo cup and I do transfer my autos they say itā€™s bad for them but Iā€™ve never had any issues but Iā€™ve only grown 4

But I did buy a 600 W meizhi led in November and that helped a lot so 30 days in to my autos they doubled in size which theyā€™re supposed to do but I had 1500 W of LEDs in a 4ā€™ x 2ā€™ x 5ā€™ grow tent

@Oldstoner howā€™s it going brother have you talk to @ktreez420 I was curious how heā€™s been I havenā€™t seen or heard from him and worried about him after all he has been through

2 Likes

So I take it you are in contact with him and heā€™s doing good

1 Like

No I havenā€™t seen him on here in a while now @Hogmaster and that sucks . Learned a lot from him and had fun following his grows . Hope he is doing better soon

2 Likes

@Oldstoner I agree 100% if anyone does no good be nice to have an update on the guy I even followed him on YouTube pretty awesome individual have you been doing brother itā€™s been a while

1 Like

I intentionally bend and break branches to create knuckles like that they increase nutrient flow and make limbs stronger easier to support nugs Iā€™d spend hours a day massaging each limb if I were growing larger and less plants

2 Likes