Mixing boards on QB'S

@dbrn32 On a QB 260 XL is iT ok to use one 3000k board and one 4000k board? I would assume i would not matter the k’s but want to make sure.

1 Like

Yes. You can.

1 Like

Thanks. Going to get them ready today for the next SOG in the new 3x3’ bed.

1 Like

No problem with mixing cct specifically. What you need to be careful of is different generations of boards have different voltage and current specs, that may not be compatible with each other on the same driver. If you have 260 kit with meanwell hlg-240h-c2100 driver, you should be able to fit all of hlg’s current 288 boards on it wired in series. No problem there as long as voltage total of the circuit doesn’t exceed capabilities of driver.

I wanted to make more of long winded post to cover anyone that may come across this with a knock off kit. Several of those are sent with hlg-240h-48 driver, which is cv/cc. If you have a driver like that, all modules on the circuit need to be of identical voltage configuration. May still allow you to run different cct, but wouldn’t want to mix boards of different generation on it.

3 Likes

Thanks, Yes all the drivers are HGLH-240H-C2100A. From your advice most kits were bought at Growers lights and straight form HLG and I bought some QB 288 V2 boards separate and the drivers from a factory here in Phoenix.

These last 4000k boards I got from cobkits as they were the only place that had 4000k in stock.

3 Likes

You should be in good shape.

1 Like