Mix auto and photo plants in last weeks?

Hi everybody, I have several plants in their last stages. Two are autoflower plants that are waiting for their second harvest about a week from now. The other is a non-auto that is about two or three weeks out. My question is whether or not I should combine them in one space. I really don’t have the optimum lighting, so putting them all together would increase the available light for both. So, I’m wondering if it would screw my non-auto to suddenly go18 hours light again even with just a couple weeks left. Alternatively, would the reduction of light be a big problem for the autos if I put them in the room with 12 hour lights?

Your advice would be welcome! Thanks!

2 Likes

You will be fine going 12/12 for both I have 2 autos and 2 feminize on 12/12 in the same tent.

The 2 in front are Orange Bud feminize, the 2 in the back are OG Kush auto’s. Autos don’t care if there on 12/12,18/6 or 20/4 they do want they want to do.

5 Likes

Switching the photos to 18h light will revert them back into veg

2 Likes

Yeah you will have no problem with autos switching to 12/12. I put my autos in with my photo they went from 18/6 to 12/12 and all I did was move things around and checked to make sure my DLI is still good. My autos are almost done hopefully a week or two left

4 Likes

Just the opposite as @Kingkupa stated switch the autos to 12/12 :love_you_gesture:

Ok I’m confused, don’t want to get bad advice. I was running my photo plant 12/12 to flower in separate tent. Autos were on 18/6 in my bigger tent. Put everything together, autos and photo in 12/12 and that is ok to do right ?

2 Likes

My understanding is that you really want as much light as possible for the autos since they don’t have as much time to mature. I think what folks are telling me (or, at least it’s what I’m hearing) is that it’s not a big deal for me to combine them for a couple of weeks since they’re all 1-3 weeks from harvest. Wouldn’t want to use that setup the entire time, is what I’m hearing.

Ok feel better, only been 12/12 for a few weeks but I thought as long as you hit your DLI especially with autos it wouldn’t matter right ? If they are running a 12/12, 18/6 or 20/4 ? Right
Thats why I lowered my HLG 300 and have a viparspec xs 1500 in my 4x4 they are all getting 45-55 DLI, uses photone app

1 Like

Yep, absolutely :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

12/12 for autos isn’t really different that 18/6. You can get the same results by adjusting lighting height and intensity :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks to you all for your advice. Much appreciated!

2 Likes