Mitchy's first real grow 4 strains plus

Looking good!

1 Like

All trans planting complete
5-10 gal pots
8-7 gal pots
6-5 gal pots
Lost one wild plant do to root rot
Don’t understand what happened, I don’t water anywhere close to the stem, and I let my plants dry out before watering, it was probably due to keeping the soil to moist in seedling stage.
It’s all good, still have a crop and 2 5 gal pots for clones if I choose to

1 Like

1 Like

Scrog

@Mark0427 does this look good?
I topped (femmed) them a few days ago. At first I had my net 3½" lower, but reading Bergman’s scrog instructions I raised it 20" above my pots.
My girls are still babies, I know I should have put three of the same type plants in here but I’ve already split them up when I lst 4 of my ilgm plants
These three are
Durban poison
Sour diesel
Wild & funky (aka unknown)
2-200 watt (from the wall) l.e.d. lights (400w)
Keeping it cool high 70’s
Low 70’s night (not really much change in the 6 hours)
Rh 45-60
Closet is 3x3½
Using R.O. water fox farm ocean Forrest (so I shouldn’t have any ph problems
So far I am happily excited

3 Likes

great set up @Mitchy!

2 Likes

Well it all depends on how long ur vegging and all plays factors. If u want low plants figure about half way of ur total height little less for the scrog. Some will stretch double size over net but if u keep at the tucking u can have a bad ass scrog. I’d see about lowering it atleast to start opening it up some. If u have the room to water underneath. Make sure to leave urself water room is all u need for height. Lol

1 Like

Yeah I’m ready for the watering and all
Took the plants out of the closet today to give them all a good lower trim , now they’re back in .
The pic must not do justice, the plants are only a couple inches under my net and I’ve got at least 2½ weeks to go, but I’m a patient man, I’ll make sure everything is ready before I flip.
Thanks again

1 Like

This is what nute day looks like when you have a young Forrest growing
It’ll be half that again in a few weeks!

1 Like

2 Likes

How far along do u premix nutes for. Should only mix basically as needed or 24 to 48 hrs max on mixed nutes. Things start to die off and fade away setting especially if sun can get thru the bottles at all.

1 Like

I use them immediately
I have 19 plants growing so rn it takes 12 gal, soon it will be 18 plus gal
I am doing a much better job this time, but I do have my hands full

2 Likes

Make it easy on urself and use some 5 gallon buckets to mix get a small pump and hose for watering. I use this

If it is too much flow I kink the hose a slight bit so it slows down the flow.

2 Likes

@Mitchy that’s a lot of watering and mixing!

1 Like

Yeah, I might have went a little overboard this time, but it’s going to be worth the extra work.
I am doing a lot of comparison growing.
S.C.R.O.G. in one closet
L.S.T. in another closet
The rest are free standing (one l.s.t. godfather o.g.) in 5-7-and 10 gallon pots
Later I’m using Humboldt fertilizer on 3 plants, fox farms on the rest
I keep a steady amount of r.o.water, but nute day is a task. It wouldn’t be if not for having to ph afterwards, but once I get one right the rest are easy.

1 Like

Definitely following along for this monster grow!

1 Like

I just sent you pics, but I see you don’t need any.lol

1 Like

Went ahead and started CO2 in br closet
Figured what the hell, I’ve already bought everything might as well use it

3 Likes

Did my pre-flip defoliation today, about 2 weeks away from my flip.
People debate on any trimming done before flowering, a lot say not to
My reasoning is that I don’t want to prune too much at one time, so I cleared out some unnecessary undergrowth, and trimmed off some of the dying leaves.
That way a couple of weeks into flower I feel that I’ll have a good head start and not have to worry about stressing my girls out

@Myfriendis410 , @Mark0427 I am now a week into my CO2 experiment and I understand why soil is not the best medium.
My plant are drying out almost overnight, I’m watering them constantly even though the closet is hitting 92⁰\85%
I will keep a vigilant eye on them and hopefully I will get positive results.
My scrog closet is looking good, the girls are growing into the first screen, and my grow room is a jungle

This is an adventure!

5 Likes