Mission to Mar...vellous buds! 🚀

So as predicted, the husk had to be removed by hand, thankfully a little squeeze with the tweezers and it came right off… the membrane however… :persevere:

I had to be so careful and just tug at it bit by bit but eventually it came off! :sweat_smile:

Now we’re rockin’!
I think she’s already telling she’s gonna be a little devil of a plant! :joy::smiling_imp:

11 Likes

Oh she will feel so much better now!

Lol… Let me slip into something more comfortable…

10 Likes

I wasted many wasted hours playing that with my brother in law. Those were the good ole days.

2 Likes

That gif is hilarious! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Get the membrane WHET, let it sit for like 30 seconds, mine slip off super easy after that.

1 Like

Ahh thanks friend! I did moisten it a little but it just got stuck right on the last bit. Maybe I should have waited longer for it to soak in a bit… :thinking:
Thank you, I’ll bear in mind for next time. :+1:

2 Likes

Because of the shape of the membrane I could see it catching on the last little bit lol. Looks like you did well!

2 Likes

@Dankloud Thanks buddy! This is my 3rd grow now. The last 2 lacked smell and taste. The second grow is still curing actually, I’m trying to be patient as many have said the ‘hay’ smell disappears with a good cure. Well, the first bits went into jars on 19th May and still smell like hay… so not sure where I’m going wrong.
Maybe I need to add terps during the grow? Any recommendations? :thinking: :relaxed:

2 Likes

I hadn’t realised that this had happened again to you CJ??

I add Terps and my buds smell amazing from mid-flower to chop to dry, and then only increase as they cure :purple_heart: It couldn’t hurt to try could it?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s really annoying now. After I do everything by the book and it still turns out disappointing :pensive:
Considering the last 2 we’re GG4, if I stood any chance of having resinous buds I’d have thought this would be the onto bring ‘em!

So what terps do you use @anon33684698? Was it the ‘Canna’ brand ones? xx

2 Likes

Oh that was going to be my next question, were your strains known as being nice and smelly ones.
That’s really a shame.

I use an Aussie brand and this is organic if that matters to you at all (I don’t know if any other brands are or not or maybe Terps is naturally organic??)

4 Likes

Thanks mate! I just had a look for this one and yeah, can’t get it over here… but then I got looking into BioBizz nutrients, as I use their flower nutes already, and enjoy not having to ph everything before it goes in.
They claim to be really natural and also seem to be an eco-friendly company.
So as much as I wanted to keep things simple, if you want the same results as everyone else then you gotta do what everyone else does - use more nutes!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thinking of getting the whole range:

In addition they recommend using these Ecothrive drops which apparently dechlorinate your tap water so the nutes can do their thing better:

Time to up the ante! :muscle: :muscle:

2 Likes

Oh nice thinking! Yeah that not having to PH everytime sure does sound appealing lol!!

2 Likes

Cool if I tag along for the Cosmic Adventure?..

11 Likes

Only one Aussie allowed I’m afraid @Enlightened420 :rofl:

8 Likes

Ok, you got me with that one @anon33684698, death match it is :laughing:

Just kidding… Please don’t hurt me

9 Likes

Hello @CalamityJane,
Just finished reading your new journal and its awesome, to funny, and congrats on the new start to another grow. Always with my head in the clouds and flying high. Mars you say, Hmmmm. Alot of weed for the trip. Will need a few pounds for sure. LOL.
Anyways, I am tuned in and looking forward to see your grow. I am into my 3rd grow as well.
It’s the cold and humidity for me that is a challenge. When it is real cold my humidity levels plummet to 40%. Temps are good as I have a good heater, and temps are 29c - 32c lights on, and 21c 24c lights off.
Have a magic day

3 Likes

Hahaha @Enlightened420 death match I can handle! A smoke-off with you is what would kill me lol! :rofl:

And here on comes @flyinghigh without adhering to my adhoc (and not even on my journal lol!) rules!

Forgive me @CalamityJane I’m making up rules on your thread but it’s all for your own good… Just trying to keep the fellow “convicts” in line :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Good luck with that :smirk:

4 Likes

9 Likes