Mission to Mar...vellous buds! šŸš€

Thanks for the advice maaate! I saw these in a supermarket the other day and debated buying some. But thought Iā€™ll see how bad the situation was with the sticky traps firstā€¦

Good news isā€¦ā€¦not a single bug in sight!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Sticky traps have collected a combined total of nothing!
So Iā€™m pretty sure I found those suckers really early and managed to avoid a catastrophe! Phewee! :sweat_smile:

Hey @anon33684698 i was catching up on your journal and looks like your GDP and mine are roughly the same age. Itā€™s nice to have an almost direct comparison, albeit theyā€™re different strains but both indicas, so similar in stature.
Glad to see you got your nanners under control now :clap::clap::clap:

Hereā€™s some pics from yesterday, weā€™re in week 8 now and things seem to be progressing pretty well! :relaxed:

Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

17 Likes

Hello CJ, I know you were asking a while back about diluting hydrogen peroxide that was too strong. I think you had 12% and needed to make 3% so I found this random chart for you. Stuck the link in as well :nerd_face:

8 Likes

Ahh good memory Mr G! It was on my last grow when I was doing the bud wash that I asked about this.

I think I may have had 6% peroxide but I still had a browse on that link and it was interesting! Especially about ā€˜food gradeā€™ peroxide vs ā€˜regularā€™ peroxide, and that unlike regular peroxide ā€˜food gradeā€™ doesnā€™t qualify as a ā€˜hazardous materialā€™ so can be shipped easier.
Thanks Davy-baby, I think Iā€™ll save that and learn more about the chemistry of what Iā€™m actually doing! Thanks friend! :facepunch:

4 Likes

I buy 12% food grade but thatā€™s because Iā€™m tighter than two coats of paint :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile:. I knew I had read it somewhere CJ :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s looking sooooo good mate! Bet you canā€™t wait til this one is ready!

2 Likes

Itā€™s been a minute, howā€™s your girl doing?

3 Likes

@CygnusX1 Oh hey friend! Thanks for checking in on me, Iā€™ve just been so busy. Been looking after the girl still just not much time to talk about it.

I did have some fun today though, so my last grow has been curing for the best part of 3 months now and it still has a hay like smell and taste. Iā€™ve resorted to the fact itā€™s not gonna changeā€¦ sooooā€¦

I made some butter with it! :butter:

Iā€™ll get a pic in the morning of what it looks like cooled. It was a bright green when I looked a second ago.

Itā€™s 12:15am here so Iā€™m off to bed.
Thanks again for the drop in!

Nighty night, all. :crescent_moon: :sparkles: :sleeping:

9 Likes

Oh how frustrating for you! This was such a good grow! We need to get to the bottom of this for you :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Whats happening here CJ. Can you tell me what youā€™ve done :face_with_monocle::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Aww thanks mate, obviously not good enough.
I think I know what caused it; Insufficient nutrients and poor lighting. I mean it grew, but perhaps only just. It never thrived.

Unlike this current grow which has received far more superior light and is getting all the micronutrients she needs.

I have a good feeling about this one. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Hey @Davyg, are you referring to the pics? I made Cannabutter! :yum:

So my last grow was tasteless and disappointing. It did give me a mellow high but tasted like nothing, soooo I thought well, it must have some THC in it because it satisfies the craving somewhat but just not nice to smoke - why not make butter with it! :grin:

• 35 grams, coarsly ground
  • First,decarboxylated it in the oven (110Ā°c 45mins)
    (Crease the baking paper so it doesnā€™t touch the baking tin too much)
  • 681 grams of good/real butter
  • Half a cup of water
  • Slow cooker on low
  • As butter melts, throw in a little water and then the decarbā€™d ground bud, stir
  • Put lid on and let simmer for 3 hours stirring occasionally
  • Allow to cool slightly
  • Strain with cheese cloth (gently) into container
  • Put in fridge to cool
  • Once cooled, there will be a layer of water underneath the butter, separate the water from the butter (just take butter out pour down drain)

And voila! You have your self some sweet cannabutter!

This one came out much yellower than my previous butter batch

But this is the first time Iā€™ve done it in a slow cooker. Andante time was with weed I actually bought, didnā€™t grow myself.

Iā€™m meant to be doing overtime todayā€¦ weā€™ll see how that goes after a couple of cookies, shall weā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Have a great day, everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

And so not to confuse everyone, hereā€™s the Lady Blue todayā€¦

End of week 9

15 Likes

I see you @Oldguy - thanks for the love! :heart:

4 Likes

@CalamityJane Just played catch up. :joy::+1:
Lookin good maā€™am. :clap::clap:

:v::pray::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

@Oldguy Thank you kind Sir!
And I know how you feel, Iā€™ve also been trying to catch up with everyone! :sweat_smile:
This place moves fast! :racing_car: :dash:

7 Likes

Perfect, thatā€™s what I was looking for :heart_eyes:. I was thinking of using a frying pan and some oil, not sure if it would work though :thinking:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s some good looking butter CJ. Everyone i know that makes it itā€™s WAY green and if you COOK with it and give edibles it is no problem but when you HAND it to someone to spread on something you get those ā€œlooksā€ lolā€¦ :smiley:

4 Likes

I used a frying pan when I first made butter, I just didnā€™t fancy standing over the hob for 3 hours again :sweat_smile: hence I used the slow cooker this time.
You can use oil to make infused oil. Not sure if it will turn into butter thoughā€¦ :thinking: Leafly have some great recipes. Thatā€™s where I got the butter one from.
Good luck! Let me know if/when you have a crack at it. x

5 Likes

Thanks buddy! Yeah my first one was way greener. Not sure why so yellow this time - maybe the weed I used was less potent, or had less of something in it that the stuff I bought. :woman_shrugging:
Either way, iā€™m about to make some cookies with it - Iā€™ll let yā€™all know soonā€¦. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Everything iā€™ve trimmed/pruned from all the ladies this grow, has gotten washed and laid on a rack to dry out. I know they arenā€™t very potent but they ARE useable right? I save stems from bag-weed too, especially potent bag-weed. I figure why waste all that if i can TRY to put it to use? I think iā€™m close to 2oz now of THAT type of material and could make a couple 1oz practice runs for experience SOON. Just not THIS moment. I know in a couple months iā€™ll be cooped up in here from the COLD outside and stir crazy from staring at my indoor grows 500 times a day so iā€™ll need something to do :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: My NEW neighbors, you may have seen me mention before, she makes KILLER gummies. She uses , hmmm, dang i forgot that word already. Emulsifiers? She gets something on amazon, that is an oil i think and it brings out the THC so you donā€™t have to use so much product (from what i gleaned in our conversation). I know i have a LOT to learn still before going that route but she makes POTENT stuff! :smiley: I ate one of her gummies before getting on the river last weekend and i didnā€™t stop smiling the WHOLE way down that 4.5hr float :smiley: I didnā€™t catch a SINGLE fish, still smiling. I snagged/broke my line TWICE, still smiling, almost tipped over in a rapid and got my vape wet temporarily, still smiling :smiley: I wanna make some of THOSE types of treats :wink: Oh, and when i told them about my friendsā€™ little girls in the ā€œstink patchā€ in their garden, she told me how their niece was visiting, saw some plants outside and asked what they were and she (lying,) said a special lettuce. And their niece just randomly blurts ā€œit smells like Uncle Dannyā€ ā€¦i was more than smiling on that, i almost fell out of my kayak laughing

4 Likes