Mission to Mar...vellous buds! šŸš€

So finally, after what feels like a lightyear since my last update, I am in absolute orbit with how this is going so far! :clap::clap::clap:

By far my best and most bushiest attempt. Itā€™s also the first indica dominant strain Iā€™ve grown so not used to all this foliageā€¦ :deciduous_tree:

So I put on my big-girl space pants and ventured into the unknownā€¦ I did some actual defoliation! :grin::grin::grin:
I donā€™t know if it was the best time to do it but I read that for autos, do it once in veg and once in flowerā€¦ Iā€™ve not done any yet and weā€™re just about going into flower now so that was my ā€˜veg trimā€™. Hopefully not shocked her too much :grimacing: I only took about 10-15% off and only the big fan leaves covering bud sites.

Hope I got these in the right orderā€¦

Before

After

I donā€™t want to jinx it but this is actually going pretty well!
Sheā€™s a bit droopy because, well I think because she was thirsty. Iā€™ve just literally watered/fed her.
I skipped the last water/feed because the soil was still a bit too damp from the watering before that. I think that was the right choice.
She gets a ā€˜little and oftenā€™ routine - it rains regularly on this planetā€¦ 1-2 litres every 2 days. So far itā€™s working out well in our little heliosphere! :+1:

Of course, and and all feedback is welcome and encouraged!
Thanks for sticking with me, spaceheads!

:astronaut::astronaut: :vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

13 Likes

Oh and this one, a little close upā€¦

8 Likes

Good day Madame!

Check your IG please :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

GIF image 188

5 Likes

Oh good idea! Why didnā€™t I think of this?

3 Likes

Well well well, she absolutely LOVED the defol! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:
I continued with some more gentle LST to try and even out the canopy across the pot.

You may have noticed I planted the seed to one side, this was with the intention of LST-ing the main cola across/around the width of the pot (kinda like ā€˜around the clockā€™ style) but it was tricky this time due to how short and bushy she was. Now Iā€™m just trying to pull her across to the other side so thereā€™s some sort of balance!

I do appreciate itā€™s hard to see wtf is goin on. And the truth is, I honestly donā€™t know either. Just winging itā€¦ :joy::joy::joy:

Oh but hey, check out my humidity (for VDP) in the first pic. Havenā€™t even unpacked the humidifier! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Looking like good lst to me, exposing more bud sites, I give it :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

The only concern I would have with little waterings frequently is that without any runoff youā€™ll eventually end up with build up and lockout.

I donā€™t water to runoff until my soil needs nutes. Otherwise in my mind Iā€™m just washing out the food I bought that specific soil for in the first place.

3 Likes

Thanks buddy! Thatā€™s basically what Iā€™m trying to achieve but there is very little method in how Iā€™m trying them down. I had a planā€¦ but didnā€™t quite work out. My life story, eh? :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks my friend! This was also a concern of mine, however with the nutrient line up I am using they specifically state ā€˜no need to water to run offā€™ :woman_shrugging: I was sceptical of this also for reasons you have said but so far so good :crossed_fingers:

The nutes I use (BioBizz) also regulate the ph. I havenā€™t had to adjust the ph once since using these and sheā€™s thriving.

Think Iā€™ll stick with instructions for now but if that starts to turn south thenā€¦ well, I donā€™t really knowā€¦ :sweat_smile: Guess Iā€™ll be back here grovelling :rofl::rofl::rofl: :v:

5 Likes

Also why do my pics look really unclear all of a sudden. Theyā€™re fine when you ā€˜click intoā€™ them but otherwise they look a bit grainy on the site.ā€¦
Also had trouble uploading images recently too, anyone had the same?

1 Like

Following instructions shouldnā€™t ever cause groveling!

1 Like

Thatā€™s always the way when you need something. The minute you buy it is the last time you need it. You have the same binders that I bought. Ideal for lst :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Davyg Ainā€™t that the truth! :raised_hands:

Yeah those little rubber coated wires are great arenā€™t theyā€¦ especially now Iā€™ve learned to use them better :sweat_smile: x

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Iā€™m the same. If someone can show me then Iā€™m away. Try to work it out myself and Iā€™m stumped :thinking::thinking::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Why do I always type this wrongā€¦ VPD!!!

:woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Looks like youā€™re doing a splendid job with her Ms. Calamity!

3 Likes

She looks super happy CJ! Youā€™ll have baby hedgehogs in no time! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks guys @Jake3 @anon33684698! I think I owe it partly to the decent light and nutes line-upā€¦ but mostly to everyone here!
3rd time lucky, right? :crossed_fingers::partying_face:

7 Likes

Yep! Bit by bit we get a little more right each time hey? :purple_heart:

4 Likes