Miracle grow vs CoCo

I’m going on my 4th grow and read about coco coir so I wanted to give it a try. With that I also wanted to share my findings.

Setup
Tent 1
4x4x8
Mars hydro TS-3000
AC into bottom of tent. Heat vented out
Strawberry cough sprouted 4/12/21
Medium - Miracle grow bought at Home Depot.
Using FF Trio
Cal mag
Cha Ching
Terpinator
Flushing every two weeks with sledgehammer
12 hour light schedule flipped week 8 of veg
Start Week 9 flower

Setup
Tent 2
4x4x8
Mars hydro TS-3000
AC into bottom of tent. Heat vented out
Strawberry cough sprouted 5/821
Medium - FF Coco Loco
Using FF Trio
Cal mag
Cha Ching
Terpinator
Flushing every two weeks with sledgehammer
12 hour light schedule flipped week 6
Start Week 10 flower

My observations are that bud density in coco is greater than miracle grow. Although the amount of bud sites appears to be greater in miracle grow. I am currently battling an issue in the miracle grow tent 1 on nitrogen toxicity so I have cut out grow big from that tents feeding schedule.

I am happy to say that I BFB (Big Fat Buds) issues. The branches of the plant cannot support the weight of the bud and I do what I can to support with double netting. I also run fishing line from the tent poles to offer additional support. Some branches bent which is not the worst thing as that can induce super cropping and cause the plant to grow thicker branches.

I am interested to hear others observations.

Miracle Grow tent 1

Coco grow tent 2

I do not see a fan in any of the pictures. They not only move air for healthier plants but the movement strengthens the stems. Add silica during flower. Great for trichomes and stem strengthener.
Coco loco is not actually a coco medium. It has a bunch of other ingredients like peat, humus, worm poo so it is considered to be soil. You can make your own with FF HF or OF and add a brick of hydrated coco.
Why flushing so often?

@beardless

2 fans not pictured each tent.

I get Coco Loco is not 100% Coco coir but it seems that people recommend that you add stuff to Coco like perlite amongst other things.

I flush every two weeks in the hopes of getting a better taste and smell in the end.

1 Like