Miracle gro soil

I got some clones from a friend of mine and before I read anything on how to grow I transplanted them in miracle grow soil. Their doing great in veggative stage but wondering if their going to produce good bud because I heard miracle grow has to much nitrogen in soil. I have them in a shed/greenhouse. Like I said their doing great their in 5 gal buckets should I transplant them. I’m sending some pics

1 Like

Welcome ! all I can say if you’re going to transplant I would do it before they start to flower, Into cannabis-friendly soil. You might need to split the sides of the bucket with a cutting disc an peel it back like a banana to minimize disturbing The Roots. Bucket would be sacrificed. Just my thoughts good luck

Do you think they’ll produce bud If I leave them alone what type of grow median do you use? I went and bought some pro mix, perlite and peat been using rain water and spring water and spraying them with folage pro

1 Like

I mix my own 1/3compost 1/3 peat moss 2/9 perlite 1/9 vermiculite and then add about 1.5 tablespoon 4-4-4 organic dry fertilizer per 5 gallon bucket thatll last me till about week 4 for my autos then they get the liquid fertilizers

1 Like

If you do repot, I would go with 7 or 10 gallon fabric pots and, like @kellydans said, cannabis friendly soil (or inert media, if you feel up to it). Don’t disturb the rootball to get the MG out, but going to a bigger pot with the right soil or media will help act as a buffer for the soil already in the rootball. You might try flushing after they’re established in the new pots, then keep an eye on your ppm numbers.

1 Like

ProMix is mostly peat moss already. It’s good stuff, but once/if they use up all the MG nutrients, you’ll need to feed.

1 Like

If the Miracle-Gro you purchased has time-release fertilizer every time you water it’s going to release nitrogen. Which is not too bad during veg stage but during flowering stage you want more P K and less N which can cause you problems in the end . lot of people here use Pro mix ,I use ocean Forest. Also you referred to Foliage Pro I’m assuming dyna-gro good product I like Dyna Gro . I mix and water in the soil. I’m not a fan of spraying the leafs.

2 Likes

I missed that.

Yeah… I’d ditch the foliar spray and feed with watering like @kellydans said.

1 Like

The yellowing on the leaves might just be how you took the picture, but they already look a little unhealthy to be honest. Miracle group is bad because it releases nutrients slowly. Too slow. You end up having too many nutrients for your bud and burning it up. Transplant them if their photoperior. They should be fine
Might even stimulate the roots a little and cause some rapid growth when you do. Or could stunt some growth too. Could go either way. Lol.

1 Like

I have liquid foliage pro 9-3-6 for veg stage and super bloom 12-55-6 for flowering stage

That’s all new growth their growing good right now but will be transplanting them soon

I have super bloom 12-55-6 and I have dyna gro bloom 3-12-6 my plants aren’t ready for bloom yet but which one would be better. Someone told me the more phosphate the better then someone else told me 55 was over kill
What do you use for budding

1 Like

I use the regular Bloom nutes 3-12-6. Dyna Gro I don’t think I’ve seen the Super Bloom. Scott’s makes a super bloom similar to that which is high in p I did experiment with it a little bit. I noticed it took a lot of pH up to get back to the sweetspot of 6.5 when Mixing to feed.

It will work you will have to use some recharge later in the grow.

1 Like

I made that mistake on my first grow. I got threw it with recharge just fine. But a lot of PH issues. Now Roots organics soil and Advanced Nutrients.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what it is scotts super bloom
When it’s time I will use dyna gro bloom
Thank you

1 Like

I want to grow inside this winter. What do you think about The ExHale CO2 Bag

1 Like

I have never used them so I don’t know anything about them. If you are doing a small grow you’re probably not going to need them.

1 Like

If you are using a tent with a exhaust fan I will do you no good. In my opinion the air exchange rate is to much to want to ad Co2. But if a grow room different story. I am sure you will get many more opinions.

1 Like