Minor Problem with growth speed of my Speed Auto Seedlings from Sweet Seeds ? Or is it Normal for it to be as small in day5?

Hi, guys firstly this is my first ever grow and I’ve done a lot of research on how to grow.
I’m growing 2 seedlings of Speed Auto from Sweet Seeds in a 3X3 Mars Hydro Tent with TS-600 Lights.
I have germinated them with no problems with 100% success rate using the paper towel method.
I use Ph Balanced Coco-Coir as a growing medium and I follow one of the famous YouTubers advice on how to grow.
This is where my problem starts I’ve managed to get 2 cm tall 1 Inch seedlings at day 2 they seem to grow strong until then and they are looking healthy.
Then I’m at day 5 and they are at the same height not growing anymore.
I followed advice that you should’t add any nutrients to your coco-coir until day 11 or you will burn your plants and kill them in result.
This is where I have 2 different information and I dunno which one to follow as some say add Mimimum amount of nutrients to coco-coir as the medium does not have enough to support the seedlings growth while some Youtubers are firm not to add any.
I’d let you decide guys.
I followed From Seed To Stoned advice on his First Autofower Grow but I’m not sure is this normal for the seedling to be that small at day 5 ?

I’m not too alarmed but in 2 days there 1st week of grow will be completed and these plants finish its life cycle in week 7 so I’m a bit desperate to see slightly faster growth rate.

Here is my Setup

2 Likes

I think you got very nice healthy-looking seedlings. Size would be normal.

2 Likes

@2Fast am no expert, yet. However this will come up, what size container are you using? Am on day 5, and I used solo cups.

I use 3 US Gallon Pots
around 12 Litres per pot
I also follow From Seed To Stoned on Youtube method on growing Autoflowers

Apparently the most important thing when growing Autoflowers is to avoid Transplant Shock which can stun an Autoflower and in result shorten your already short Flowering Period by few days.

I’m on my first grow too and was worried about the plant size. Yours is looking good. I try to keep my journal updated with size comparisons. I think I was around the same size. Let your roots develop.

OAN, how high is your light above your plants?

1 Like

Precisely at 24 inch is what Mars Hydro TS-600 recommends for Seedling stage

1 Like

I just looked back at my first week pics and mine was about your size at day 7. I think you’re on a good track bro. It looks healthy

1 Like

@2Fast it’s healthy looking. And from the pics and information, it’s a good set up to be successful. I know smaller grow containers can help boost plant growth during different phases. I do feel you maybe missing something. You have lots of experienced growers in the forum to help you.

2 Likes

Should I introduce small amount of Flora Trio Nutrients as I grow in Coco-Coir ?
I also have Cal-Mag but my coco-coir have not recieved any nutrients as of yet
waiting for that magic day 11 to introduce nutrients to my plants.

Another Question I’d have should I keep 24 hour light cycle on or introduce timer to 18/6 ?

Welcome to the forum.

I think they look really healthy. At this stage they are growing roots so green part stalls for a little while. You say your in a 3x3 tent and using 3 gallon pots. Looking at the room you have in the tent it looks like a 2x2 tent. Not a big deal but if you paid for a 3x3 I don’t think you got it. The mars hydro 600 is good for a 2x2 much more than that and it will struggle. I recommend you put some kind of dome on the plants and spray the dome. When they are this small they pull lots of moisture from the air. Be careful not to over water when they are this small.

4 Likes

Patience is the name of the green game

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome and a pro advice bro.
I’ve used your advice and put them under the domes sprayed with ph 6.1 water.
I’ve just checked the tent size I ordered and it is right 70x70x160 tent size just made mistake converting metric into feet :face_with_monocle:as I usually use metric and you are right it is 2,29 X 2.29 X 5,25 feet tent so it is slightly larger and taller than typical 2x2x4 tent.

Ps. Sorry replied soo late due to the limit of posts on my account as I’m fairly new to this forum.
Ps.2 Should I add any Nutrients like Cal-Mag plus or Flora Trio? to my Coco-Coir medium? It’s now day 7 and the seedlings are exactly the same size as they were at day 5 they seem wilting??

1 Like

I still think they look good. At this point they do not need many nutrients the small round leaves are doin most if not all the feeding. I would say keep the coco moist and you will be fine. I’ve never grown in coco so let’s get some who does involved. I’d like to learn a bit more about the medium also. @imSICKkid can you help us with coco and early feeding?

1 Like

They look great so far. I’m on my first grow as well and they are also autoflowers. At this stage my ladies were the same size. They are most likely establishing a nice root system and will shoot up over the next few weeks.

I’m currently at day 48 of day 75 that the breeder recommends. I’ll probably push the plant an extra week or 2 for potency and yield. I read most autoflowers take a couple weeks longer than what is recommended by the breeder to maximize yield and potency.

Good luck on your grow!! Looks like you’re off to a great start !!

1 Like

Also I used no nutrients until week 4 of the grow. Just plain water.

1 Like

My autos have all taken between 100-115 days. What kind of soil are your plants in?

1 Like

They look perfectly fine for being 5 days old. They can feed themselves for the first week but I wouldnt push it past 7 days. Your nutrients you are using has a recommended feeding schedule online. Dont go 11 days without feeding them, otherwise one of them is gonna get a deficiency and then they will be stunted for real. The reason your not seeing any growth is because they are working on their roots.

The only reason I dont like From Seed to Stoned is because he pushes crappy products just because they give him free stuff to advertise. No grower who knows what their doing grows willingly with blurple lights.

2 Likes

Is that wood at the bottom of your tent sanded and sealed or is it raw wood? Because if its raw…you basically have a dinner bell ringing for mold to grow in your tent.

1 Like