Miniature leaves

Hey all. My special needs GDC is doing much better although I’m left with a plant that grows tiny leaves for some reason. It’s just stunted and I’m not sure why.

I water every 4-5 days, 30 oz of water with 4ml of Calmag and now 20ml of nutrients, per the instructions. I get 10-20% run off that I slurry test each time. The pH is a bit off but I’m correcting as we go, it’s been a long save for this plant.

Used Oceans Forest soil, you can see the light height in the second pic.

I have 3 older plants and 3 newer ones. The newer ones are killing it, the older 3 are about 4-5 inches shorter. My ph meter was busted and gave me terrible readings at first.

You killers got any ideas or advice for me?

I don’t really see anything that could account for that based on pictures. Not knowing your setup it’s tough to offer any comment or help.

1 Like

What set up? Did I miss info in the op? Thank you though for taking a look!

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Im thinking due to the small amount of light and as well they look like the spacing is off some areas , when branching is uneven the energy gets distributed not equally if that makes sense , there is a couple of sucker here and there and that makes the distribution of energy even more unbalanced ,

1 Like

I’m going to note that the younger, less-rooted plants are in the same size containers as the older, more established plants.

1 Like

What’s the shiny stuff all over your leaves?

@BjjJesse Hey there! Based on the pictures your plants look healthy to me. The stunting could be from salts building up in the rootzone aka high EC/ppm. What is your run off EC/ppm and also what is the pH? You could start training them to produce a more even canopy and maximize yields! Unless these are autos? I do not have much experience with autos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!!

Powdery mildew spray

1 Like

Yes, they’re actually just a couple weeks apart and the bigger plants are actually the younger ones. My pH meter was off and I was giving them really acidic water for a week or so

I’m no expert, but my preference is to repot plants in small increments so that the soil doesn’t retain much more water than the roots can readily use. I also want my root zone really filled out before I move to the next size, so that there are many root tips ready to colonize the new media.

2 Likes

Ok cool! I was going to add more babies soon so I’ll definitely do that. Thank you so much!!! I appreciate the advice!!

1 Like

No problem a very good , question , clones normally do this asymmetric branching

1 Like

Awesome. I’m headed out to get another light today. Hopefully that will let me spread them out a bit more