Milk and Molasses (Mcsketcher's eternal grow)

What ratios do you use? I have dry amendments for outdoors.

1 Like

You’d probably require more milk outside…maybe… Maybe not…I’ve read about people doing it… Even large scale foliar feeding with milk. They were discussing the necessity of being downwind of your neighbor. That’s for large scale foliar feeding though. If you water it in the ground it won’t smell

1 Like

Thank you for the info! I’ll jot this down and try it on a couple of plants.

1 Like

I use Dr Earth’s advanced feeding schedule and I supplement it with teas I make from guano, kelp, alfalfa, fish bone meal, seaweed extract… Probably something I’m forgetting. I top dress with a couple things too

3 Likes

You just tweaked a memory for me - I read a lot of books about that time and I remember “milk fed pumpkin”. Now I have to see if I can find what it was!

3 Likes

Well, that was easy. “Farmer Boy” by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Story of her husband growing up.

That was a fun way to start my day!

2 Likes

Ive poured milk on plants to kill fungus gnats and the plants did respond nicely

4 Likes

Thanks @Fiz I read all of Laura In gall’s books! I met the actress that played Nellie Olson in the TV series a few years back.

1 Like

I read them all too! My sister got the full set as a present, but books got shared around.

1 Like

I kinda forgot about this thread for a bit. I have however continued with the milk, molasses, barley syrup and tribus mix. I’ve added coconut water and aloe juice into that mix as well with some Dr earth metabolic transformer. That’s what I do on wedn. Sun they get their reg food.

Stalks are thick and leaves are huge

2 Likes

Godfather OG on the right and rainbow haze on the left

3 Likes

They are 7 weeks old and have been on 12/12 for 10 days. They are in 7 gallons of soil. No pistils yet

1 Like

There is also this young lady… I haven’t been as consistent with the milk and molasses with her but she does still get it. She is in 3 gallons of soil.

She sprouted feb 27. I put her on 12/12 on mar 20th. Pistils appeared apr 7.

5 Likes