Mildew problem....can they be saved

Experience, I tried 3% H2O2 50/50 water based on advice given on this forum. Totally fried the pistils. They all shriveled and browned and stopped developing. One of the two grows I trashed.

The hydrogen peroxide doesn’t really work that well either. Has no killing power once it dries, doesn’t stick well so doesn’t cover well, and needs to be reapplied every day or two.

Bacteria that is applied kills the spores, sticks to underside of leaves, and continues to work for several days.

Interesting. I’ve saved a couple plants and gotten them to harvest with what fried yours. In the end we each gotta do what works. Sorry about your mildew issues. Sure isn’t fun!

I had it bad…:grimacing:

I’m thinking an ozone generator between grows is in my future to disinfect everything. I still haven’t totally gotten rid of it even though I stay on top of it.

1 Like

I was just reading about what we were discussing. Happened across somebody talking about a sulfur bomb or something to eradicate wpm. Maybe something you could read on. Believe that was being discussed for empty grow room. Between grows kinda treatment

I’ve used H2O2 spray during flowering with no issues. H2O2 is not a solvent for trichomes, if that is what you might be concerned about. I’ve not had the issues CMichGrower has, but it is correct that H2O2 is not a “persistent” killer of mold/mildew. It’s still very effective. I use it in my mushroom grows too.

The best control for mold/mildew/WPM, etc is to maintain proper temp, humidity, and airflow.

My first grow the tent floor looked like this as I had no idea about keeping control of all the things that need to be kept control to avoid this :joy::joy::joy::joy: BUT, I went on to harvest them 3 of em WITHOUT any mold, WPM or ANYTHING ever getting on my plants, I’m not sure how, buy I keep them at least 3-4 inches off the floor, and also I maintained the temp/hum/airflow all VERY WELL, so I’m not sure if that helped, but I’ve since had a few new tents and haven’t had that problem again, as I use one of those plastic slide things that you slide underneath a dog kennel/cage, and clean it every few days if not every day, I set separate containers to catch runnoff so the big peice that slides under my plant shelves doesn’t get very wet anyways but I still clean it

I meant to ask, would that have been savable or just do what I did and threw it way?

Hello,

I have 2 small hydroponic growing closets. In one of them the plants keep getting this fungus after they start their blooming stage. I’m not sure what kind of fungus this is? I’ve attached a picture. Once this starts it rapidly kills the plants. I’ve tried both Dr. Earth fungicide and Supreme Growers Banish with no success. Between grows I’ve washed the walls of the closet with Clorox. I don’t know what to do next except to tear out all the foil, remove the filters and sterilize the fans. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A spray with a dilute mix of hydrogen peroxide and water can help mold problems.

A photo taken in white, natural light would be more helpful to see what is going on.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. Gotta keep your humidity down to prevent both mold and mildew, your best bet. I believe it was @Hellraiser who said the mildew could be killed with 12 hours of 95°F+ temps btw. And can let your tent hit 90 for an hour a day to help prevent it. But if you got enough air movement inside and being exchanged with dryer air constantly. You shouldn’t have any problems. May have to use a dehumidifier in the room outside the tents.

1 Like

Help for my neiigbor

Hi all. outside grow. WPM. he just sprayed with milk mixture. Below is what all 4 autos look like before spray. week 4 flower.

@MidwestGuy @merlin44 @Fieldofdreams @Docnraq @LiesGrows @Newt @Oldguy @Spiney_norman
CAN THEY BE SAVED?

3 Likes

Sorry, brother. I haven’t had to deal with WPM (yet). I wish him luck.

2 Likes

A dilute peroxide mix with water works great for WPM. I would have him back off the nitrogen. Those dark, waxy leaves are symptom of too much nitrogen. It’s not bad at this point, but does need addressed.

2 Likes

Like @Newt, I have not had to deal with WPM. My understanding is that 50/50 hydrogen peroxide is an excellent way to deal with it.

2 Likes

Me neither. This is in the grow guides area though…

4 Likes

I would recommend your friend do this, with a strong solution of h202 and h20 at harvest.

2 Likes

That article mentions the milk and water formula. Said to spray it on while in bright sunlight as the sunlight changes the proteins into antiseptic. Did not know this but I will remember it for the future.

3 Likes

That seems so off. Wont it just curddle? Youd think if sunlight changed it to an antiseptic, there would be no need for pasturization.

1 Like

I use Hypochlorous acid for mine when it rears it’s ugly head.
Kills it dead.
Depending on your humidity you may have to continue with a weekly preventive spray.

I bought the generator.

:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

If the milk wash don’t work it’s a bit expensive and works great tho against wpm. Blue magic. Shit is a beast against wpm. I suffer wpm all summer long inside growing and blue magic saves me Everytime. Usually one good spray takes care of the situation sometimes 2 sprays depends how hard I go on the first spray. If I hit every spot of the plant first spray all will be good just make sure not to miss a y spots or it will spread again fast. Here is a pic of the blue magic bottle and directions. That I know of it is 100 bucks a little bit they do have sample bottles out in 2oz bottles will mix one gallon of water with the 2oz of mix so far I havnt noticed any differences in taste and one plant I’ve used blue magic on 4 days before I chopped the plant. Says safe til last day of flower and all. Basically consists of soy bean oil alcohol soap and a few other ingredients but safe til day of harvest.

1 Like