Mikes grow journal!

I’ve decided to start a dedicated journal of my grows, I didn’t think I would enjoy tracking and sharing my grows in detail. Everything will be posted here now.

So I’ll start with the kush cakes in their current form, 4th week of flower, I had some pollen sacks I noticed a short time ago and sprayed water to immobilize and sterilize pollen and removed them before they pollinated anything. No signs of their return yet. They got fed today @1800ppm currently using techna flora recipe for success @ 125% recommended dosage, I’ve worked my way up that high and they’re loving it. Here they are. In their current form.

What’s more exciting is there are 8 new additions to the family, 1 white widow, 2 original skunk #1 (these 3 plants from a regular seed pack) 3 Royal OG Kush fem photo, and 2 Violet kush autos.
The seeds were germinated on 1/7 via paper towel and sandwich bag. With the exception of the WW it got started 1/4…. Dropped them in soil yesterday morning and put them in my homemade seedling incubator. This evening I checked on them and 5 are above ground, the other 2 are visible but struggling to get their heads turn upright through the soil just yet.

These ones are in FFOF that I flushed till runoff dropped to around 1200ppm.

Gonna get all dialed in on this run!
Thanks to all who follow and make suggestions!
@Newt @noddykitty1 @Jonesy287 @Outlaw @OrganicFarmer @OGIncognito @Aussie_autos @dbrn32 @Fieldofdreams

14 Likes

For reference, this is the other thread I was using… just wanted to get it all in one spot!

8 Likes

Great looking flowers!

5 Likes

Thanks, things are about to get crowded pretty soon I fear. :wink:
I wish I had purchased my GB240 sooner, they could have used more light during veg.

4 Likes

Appreciate the tag Brother and count me in to tag along. The flowering ladies look fantastic and seem to be digging the extra chow :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

@Freebirdmikes I’m in!! I hope that mean’ol @OGIncognito OG don’t be bullying us around lol!!!

5 Likes

another good grow to follow and have good conversations about what we all enjoy growing and consuming in the many different forms

6 Likes

:joy::joy: I see ya got jokes early this morning :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Count me in.

4 Likes

it is nice to have a place to return to and settle in.

4 Likes

Following along :blush::v:

4 Likes

Awesome! In regards to thinking you would enjoy Journaling, just put as much or as little into it as you would like.

4 Likes

Nice canopy. How many plants are in there now? And they are flowering nicely. I only grow one at a time, so I will be no help when it comes to mixing photos and autos in one room. Good luck. It will be interesting to watch.

2 Likes

Currently there are 2 plants in this closet, utilizing under half the available space in there at the moment. I’ll be adding another Green Beams 240w before the next run goes into flower. For the veg I’ll be using the GB2 and a Linqool 100 until I can afford upgrade the latter. All 8 plants won’t be in the closet. There’ll be 4 indoor and 4 outdoor. The outdoor plants will veg until mid march early April before moving outside and they’ll get supplemental light hours 2-3 a night until first week of July putting my harvest mid October if all goes right. Here’s last years outdoor pulled well over a pound a plant from some humboldt seed co. Strawberry cheesecake and slightly Stoopid.

11 Likes

All the babies have their heads above ground!

Kush Cakes is starting to look tasty and getting smelly!

5 Likes

Did you start last year’s plants inside this early?

2 Likes

First week of feb I think last year They were outside may-October. I can put them outside as early as mid March where I live. I think we’ve had 8 or so frost days this winter. Not too many more coming I don’t believe. Here’s a brief description of temperature ranges here.
Pulled from weatherspark d o t com

In Indian Wells, the summers are sweltering and arid, the winters are cool, and it is mostly clear year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 44°F to 110°F and is rarely below 36°F. @2GreenThumbs

2 Likes

On the coast, if we start them that early they get 15 feet tall.

2 Likes

My last ones were well over 12’. My wife wanted a marijuana forest in the back yard, so she got a forest. I think we gave away over 10lbs of it. They were sunk 3’ in a round hole 40’ across and still managed to poke their heads over the 8’ block wall.

2 Likes

Oh I forgot to post this little plant! I’m not sure how she’s still alive, it was a bag seed I decided to start and then changed my mind about so I pulled it from the soil gave it a shake and threw it in my pond. It’s been almost 3 weeks!

I’m sure it’s going to die eventually but for now it’s a nice aquatic plant and the fish seem to enjoy the roots. Nibble nibble!

11 Likes