Might these be pollen sacs?

Hey all!

Saw these pop up on my feminized auto. Looked different to me from the other nodes. Think these are pollen sacs?

2 Likes

I am no expert but they do look like sacs. They are on a stem and do not have pistils. I am sure more experienced growers will chime in. If the consensus is sacs, you need to pluck them ASAP before they spew powder everywhere.

3 Likes

Nutz!!..Literally…
I wonder if you an just cut them off?
It’d be a lot to stay on top of but…That or move her away from any others and let her do her thing. The seeds should have a better chance of being female than male…I think I read that somewhere…

Sorry!

2 Likes

Yup that is male flowers.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s what I thought. Plucked them right after taking the photo. Luckily the only nodes on the plant with those popping out. I just hope the one on the right didn’t open up a little.
Appreciate the help!!

1 Like

I had this happen on my last auto, just one on a lower node. I cut it off ASAP and I was on the lookout for more, but never saw any, all was well, and she’s good bud in my jars now. :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome! Good to know. These were also on a lower node.I just did a thorough search for more, but all regular pistils.

3 Likes

Another reason to do thorough inspections of plants, to get rid of any sacks asap; can’t take for granted that they won’t produce male parts sometimes.

1 Like

Typical “ball on stick” male flower. Condolences

1 Like

Especially with these feminized seeds. They seem to be prone to hermies.

1 Like

Omg those nuts are bigger than mine,

Burn it, it’s a witch (warlock)

2 Likes

To me they look like male parts u can carefully cut them off just dont break them

1 Like

Yes as those are not kinda balls, they are totally balls you go have options….

You can remove and watch for more and cut off when you find… that will be a battle , or cut your losses on one plant and for sure save the others just remember the lock is ticking as those pods were not open when you took the pic but every minute that passes those sacs are getting closer to opening and ruining all your plants

The proverbial “ball” is in your court

2 Likes

Aw nuts

2 Likes

Definitely pollen sacs. Had them on my last grow and plucked them. At harvest I founds some buried in one of the flowers too. Luckily only ended up with a 3-4 visible seeds. More may be lurking but I don’t think it’ll be a lot. Keep checking and plucking and you can still get some nice buds, assuming the plant has female parts too!

2 Likes