Midwest's 2022 ILGM Gorilla Glue Adventure

I only used it when I was in coco. I’ve given a little calmag here and there because these perspiration issues the plant can’t feed themselves fast enough.

2 Likes

That it is and appreciate that :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

this is the best info Ive found to date!! Hope you don’t mind if I sit back and and watch.

3 Likes

words to live by

3 Likes

Dealing with a damaged plant:

The damaged leaves here won’t fully recover; however, they are still healthy enough to do their job, which is to take light and CO2 and synthesize the sugars the plant needs to grow and mature.

So long as the new growth on the plant is healthy I’m not going to worry about the damage. The new growth is what matters. The plant is still young and these leaves will most likely be cut off during defoliation during the “stretch” the first couple of weeks of flowering anyway.

The only thing the damage has affected for the grow is that she will have to be transplanted earlier than planned to get her out of the alkaline soil caused by feeding her silica that was not pH adjusted.

10 Likes

Hate it for ya Brother… Good thing you’re an experienced grower and know what to do :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Great info Midwest. Glad to be watching this progress.

3 Likes

great information, im really learning alot and sorry for mishaps but it helps a lot with all the information

3 Likes

Transplant day. The first remaining node has been cut off.

Before:

After:

The transplant. Dolomite lime was added to help buffer pH. It is a 10-gallon pot and a 1/4 cup of lime was added. A half-cup of mykos was also added to enhance rooting. Mykos and lime was mixed in as the soil was layered to fill the pot. Trimmed nodes have been buried so that the plant will produce roots from the buried nodes. The plant was buried up to its neck (what is now the first node.)

The new growth is not damaged by the pH issue. She has recovered nicely.

12 Likes

Very nice sir. Time for take off.

3 Likes

Looking good Brother and nice recovery. Appreciate the transplant info for the soil growers :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

well done brother

1 Like

She’s grown about double the size since the transplant a few days ago. None of the new growth show any symptoms of the pH shock I gave her last week. She’ll get a second topping in a few days and at that point I will let her grow out for another week and then flip her. She’s not a very stout plant and will have trouble holding up heavy flowers.

She was watered this morning and is drooping a bit.

8 Likes

Excellent growth Brother MidwestGuy! She never skipped a beat :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

awesome, so a second topping? i am interested in seeing this

2 Likes

Yep. I’ll probably do it Monday and then flip the plant the following Monday.

3 Likes

cool, take some up close before and after pics if you would

2 Likes

Will do.

2 Likes

i appreciate it. great information for my 1st photo grow in a few months

2 Likes

Second topping today. She’s been topped just above the 3rd node for the second topping. She has a good bit of nub above the 3rd node. Cannabis develops knuckles at the node below topping sites and will develop a stronger knuckle as she grows if a bit of stem is left above the node where you’ve topped.

Before:

After:

12 Likes