Midwest's 2021 Blue Mystic Grow Journal

I get tubs from Walmart and store my ammo in them along with a mesh bag full of silica beads. It keeps the humidity in the tubs around 15 to 20%. I only have to bake the moisture out of the silica once a year. I keep bags of silica in my safes too, but those have to be baked about every 3 months.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

Just starting the 5th week since the flip.

12 Likes

Pretty plant!

3 Likes

Thanks. It looks like she is going to be super productive. It’s my favorite strain, so I am stoked.

2 Likes

Love the structure of that plant! Looks great!!

2 Likes

Thanks. The only training I’ve done is haircuts (defoliation) and I topped her mains 3 times. Some of the side shoots were growing aggressively, so I’ve topped a couple of the secondary shoots once too.

That tall flower sticking up above the rest is actually a secondary shoot and not a main.

4 Likes

She’s filling in nicely

2 Likes

Dang, the furthest I’ve successfully shot was about 250 yards with a 243. That’s a short shot for you :rofl:
Your lady is looking beautiful.
:v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Yeah, I zero the 338 at 300 yards. It’s possible to reach out to a mile and a half with the 338, but you need field cameras at that distance to see where you are hitting. It’s a big challenge since, if the shot is off, it’s too far away to see whether you are short, long, left or right,…

4 Likes

She’s at about 5 weeks since the flip now and there is some salt buildup using the FF Trio. I flushed with Sledgehammer this morning and have now switched to Jack’s. pH seems easier to manage with Jack’s. I didn’t have to add much pH Up compared to FF nutes. Actually, Jack’s plus silica is pretty near 6.5. It only took about 2ml of pH Up to get pH where I wanted it.

I expect some discoloration following the flush here in a few days. It always happens.

7 Likes

Question for the Jack’s users out there (@Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower, or anyone else who might know): I got away with and could maintain runoff PPM of ~1,000 to 1,200 by adding FF nutes to only one gallon of my 3 gallon feed. With Jack’s, should I be adding the recommended grams to all 3 gallons I feed to maintain proper PPM, or would only one gal with nutes in it be sufficient to maintain PPMs as it was with FF. Also, I know Epsom is magnesium sulfate, but I’m unsure where Jack’s contains sufficient calcium such that cal/mag feeding is not necessary with Jack’s. Thanks for the help, guys.

3 Likes

Part b is calcium nitrate, provides pretty much all of the calcium in final solution.

Not sure I fully understand the question. Like what is ppm of 1 gallon of nutrients and what will it be if dumped into 2 gallons of water? Following 321 recipe in distilled water should land you around 950ppm in distilled water. Added to an additional 2 gallons of distilled should dilute to roughly 33%. Not sure about tap water, but I would expect to follow same trend based on the ppm of the tap. From there should just be a matter of whatever is going on in your pots at time of application.

4 Likes

I probably didn’t word it too well. I think I answered my own question this morning when I followed the flush with a couple gallons of Jack’s. It brought PPM back up to ~800, which is good enough until the next feeding.

4 Likes

Just completed the 5th week of flowering. I like amber, so she’s probably 5 weeks from harvest.

Flowers are bulking up nicely. They’re getting heavy, so I’ve started propping up a few of them with 3’ bamboo sticks.

11 Likes

Buds are fattening up nicely!!

2 Likes

Continuing to fatten up nicely. Probably have 4 weeks to go since I’m looking for plenty of amber. Flowers are getting heavy and leaning the plant. I’ve been supporting her with 3’ bamboo sticks and plenty of silica.

Switched to Jack’s when she started to flower. I’m really happy with Jack’s.

7 Likes

I’m hoping she will produce as much sugar as the last blue mystic grow.

13 Likes

She’s looking good man. I can almost smell her from here!! :grin:

2 Likes

Really nice great work

2 Likes