Midwest's 2021 Blue Mystic Grow Journal

I get tubs from Walmart and store my ammo in them along with a mesh bag full of silica beads. It keeps the humidity in the tubs around 15 to 20%. I only have to bake the moisture out of the silica once a year. I keep bags of silica in my safes too, but those have to be baked about every 3 months.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

Just starting the 5th week since the flip.

8 Likes

Pretty plant!

3 Likes

Thanks. It looks like she is going to be super productive. It’s my favorite strain, so I am stoked.

2 Likes

Love the structure of that plant! Looks great!!

2 Likes

Thanks. The only training I’ve done is haircuts (defoliation) and I topped her mains 3 times. Some of the side shoots were growing aggressively, so I’ve topped a couple of the secondary shoots once too.

That tall flower sticking up above the rest is actually a secondary shoot and not a main.

3 Likes

She’s filling in nicely

2 Likes

Dang, the furthest I’ve successfully shot was about 250 yards with a 243. That’s a short shot for you :rofl:
Your lady is looking beautiful.
:v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah, I zero the 338 at 300 yards. It’s possible to reach out to a mile and a half with the 338, but you need field cameras at that distance to see where you are hitting. It’s a big challenge since, if the shot is off, it’s too far away to see whether you are short, long, left or right,…

3 Likes

She’s at about 5 weeks since the flip now and there is some salt buildup using the FF Trio. I flushed with Sledgehammer this morning and have now switched to Jack’s. pH seems easier to manage with Jack’s. I didn’t have to add much pH Up compared to FF nutes. Actually, Jack’s plus silica is pretty near 6.5. It only took about 2ml of pH Up to get pH where I wanted it.

I expect some discoloration following the flush here in a few days. It always happens.

4 Likes

Question for the Jack’s users out there (@Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower, or anyone else who might know): I got away with and could maintain runoff PPM of ~1,000 to 1,200 by adding FF nutes to only one gallon of my 3 gallon feed. With Jack’s, should I be adding the recommended grams to all 3 gallons I feed to maintain proper PPM, or would only one gal with nutes in it be sufficient to maintain PPMs as it was with FF. Also, I know Epsom is magnesium sulfate, but I’m unsure where Jack’s contains sufficient calcium such that cal/mag feeding is not necessary with Jack’s. Thanks for the help, guys.

2 Likes

Part b is calcium nitrate, provides pretty much all of the calcium in final solution.

Not sure I fully understand the question. Like what is ppm of 1 gallon of nutrients and what will it be if dumped into 2 gallons of water? Following 321 recipe in distilled water should land you around 950ppm in distilled water. Added to an additional 2 gallons of distilled should dilute to roughly 33%. Not sure about tap water, but I would expect to follow same trend based on the ppm of the tap. From there should just be a matter of whatever is going on in your pots at time of application.

3 Likes

I probably didn’t word it too well. I think I answered my own question this morning when I followed the flush with a couple gallons of Jack’s. It brought PPM back up to ~800, which is good enough until the next feeding.

3 Likes