Microgrow in a speaker box 2nd attempt

Hey everyone
Last time I tried these Auto flowering white widows I made the mistake of using terrible soil. Now I’m trying again this time using 3 75 Watt bulbs I believe.
2 LED and 1 CFL.
1 exhaust fan
1 Intake fan.
This is around week 2 or 3
I’ve lost count as I haven’t kept a journal this time around. I didn’t think I would get this far in a small space. But lo and behold.
I haven’t messed up too bad yet lol.
Let me know what you guys think :]

7 Likes

For being in a speaker box those are looking gorgeous! What speaker did you use lol I miss those old 12", 15", 2 way, 3 way speakers :pensive: shame mine are all gone. Plants are looking healthy though good job.

Also be careful about height cause flowering will most likely double your plants height just a heads up. Sorry if you knew that already.

@Manny_FTGUTube is right… space will be an issue… good luck… :wink:
Looking good thoe… keep It up…

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks guys
I thought that it would be an issue but a second and third opinion just makes me more certain that I should start some lst.
I did at the start but they just pulled the garden wire I had and just kept growing up and pulling it out.
I’m going to try to lightly bend them with a loose string so I don’t stunt the growth.

1 Like

I’m using some stealth speaker box I found online I think it’s
2 foot tall 1.1 foot wide and 9 inches deep.
I was doubtful of it but I thought why not give it a shot

1 Like

Hey there you go! Lst is the way to go. Also have you though about SCROGing? It would be a easy buld just some PVC pipe cut to the height of your speaker box and maybe a cheap trellis net or even some metal wiring to make your own. Just a thought though. Really that’s interesting hmm I’d like to look into something like that for an experiment lol. Hey don’t get discouraged I’m sure you can get great quality from your yield still! There’s plenty of people growing nice plants in just Solo cups so never feel down about a grow just take it as experience.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking about it but didn’t know where to begin.
Thanks for your tips and encouragement lol
After my last failure I was bummed and thought I wasn’t gonna get this far lol. Trail and error at its finest lol.
I’ve seen some solo cup grows on YouTube and it looks crazy.
Hopefully with nutrients, lighting, and these airpots I’ll get a little something something

1 Like

I’m sure if you just go on YouTube there’s tons of tutorials for building one pretty easy. Trellis net and PVC I think would be easiest, just make sure it’s tight enough to keep the plants canopy down.
Of course though it’s all love on this side I’m still doing my first grow and am barely getting ahead lol I’ve had numerous plants die off for many reasons, dampening off, not enough water, too much water, heat stress all kinds of beginner mistakes but it’s coming together finally lol. Mostly lots of experiments that’s why lmao. Yeah I’ve seen Solo cups turned into a hydro with a 2 liter as a base. All about how you care for them and nutrients as far as I’m concerned. With this forum and the community within I believe you can get some beautiful flowers going.

1 Like

Looking good. Those aeropots are supposed to be top notch according to my garden store guy :yum:
Best of luck to ya.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips
Yea I wanna keep budget down so that would save me some shekels.
I’m sure this time you’ll get the results you want
But regardless good luck
It’s nice to see life growing every day.

The pots seem to do what they advertise so far.
At a quick glance you can see some roots coming out of the holes on the side and then they stop.
I can’t wait to see the clump of roots at the end

1 Like

They are definitely growing that’s for sure damn near doubled in size just this last week so I’m happy. I heard those aeropots are the $#!+ I was looking into them just didn’t wanna spend the coin on them lmao they are supposed to keep it from getting rootbound because the air flowing freely through. Something I wish I had picked up either way but hey you live and you learn. Just give help and tips where I can. If you need anything else just @ me and I’ll help if possible.

1 Like

My plant has abt 3 weeeks left maybe 2. When should I wash out the roots

2 weeks before you harvest id stop giving nutes and give regular pHd water depending on your medium. You should start a new topic and re ask this question in a new post to get the most availability to everyone to answer though.

1 Like

Many thanks to yous’
And of course if I can offer any help please let me know

1 Like

3 weeks into the veg or flowering period?
I’m no expert but I’ve started feeding notes and don’t want to risk burning them or causing lock out in the roots so after feeding I give them just water to be on the safe side

So far what you’ve said is true. Depending on how big you want them they spent too pricey.
But once you go over the 5 gallon mark it seems to spike in price.
I would love to get a 10 gallon for my tomatoes outside but for just 2 of them it would cost around 60 dollars.
Where as a smart pot of 10 gallons cos around 10.
I’m using the smart pots outside for my veggies but it’s too early to tell if they are making a significant change

1 Like

Well I’ll definitely be following your grow I find it very interesting! Plus I also want to see how those pots handle your plants :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Yeah 60 for 2 pots is insane to me, so it’s all ground and regular plastic pots here lol.

I do the same , also I have like 3-2 weeks of flowering left

I’ll be doing my best lol
Hopefully this time around I’ll be successful.
If you have a journal I’ll follow yours too
Link me up
I’m still a noob here
But for what it’s worth if these little litre pots make something nice I’ll be sure to let you know

1 Like