Micro nutrition problem

WW seeds bought from you. In 10 gallon soil had this problem for thirty days. Looked like sulfur deficiencies added oil Sulfur 2 tspns. Then leeched out soil with 20 gallons of water then added half the usual.nutrition bought from you guy’s 'grow booster’the tds was 570 afterwards. Realized 3 weeks ago water out of facet was 8.4 so i got ph down and got water to 6.4. Next 2 feedings i gave it just water then i used a 1/4tspn of grow boost per gallon and the plants started to show thia problem with the yellow shoots and red stems on the top couple of layers. Also using 1000watt mh nulb lihht without glass enclosure. Any help woumd be appreciated

Can I get some details or an actual question
ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you :smile:

pictures plz as I can’t do homework with no visual and no run off ph I don’t mind offering some help but I just like you am a fellow grower not an employee and am taking time out of my day to offer some advice. This being the case the information I asked for above with the ticket benefits you and helps me only in that I and others may avoid similar issues thanks.

The ph was 6.3 the run off was 6.4 after i leeched it is that what you mean?

PH looks to me like early stage of nitrogen lockout your ph at roots may be too high but they are looking decently healthy a little cal-mag or epsom salt may help as well

FYI, the twisted deformed looking growth in the newer leaves is often an indicator of a pH issue. And pH absolutely will make a huge impact on micro nutrient uptake.

~MacG

1 Like

the early stages of mag def is very much the same in appearance and nitro def usually starts at bottom leaves which I hardly see in pictures but your run off ph is fairly high so would treat for both and adjust ph next watering get it closer to 6 since soil is still fairly alkali from prolonged high ph waters.

Maybe, it could still have too high of a pH at the actual roots from being watered with such alkali water for so long, however, we don’t really know what they are growing in, if it is actual soil or a soil-less media, this of course can make a big difference in the required pH.

happy growing,

MacG

Thanx Mac
Dmt very smart of you to keep a eye on your plants and not wait until problems worsened to hunt for advise :slight_smile: Water with ph around 5.8-6 check your run off this will slowly adjust the ph at root zone as Mac said ph swings that are drastic will deform newer growth

Definitely PH. Looks like you all have this under control. Happy growing :slight_smile: