MH and HPS light

@TDubWilly sorry for not replying to you, I thought I had answered everyone. I like the idea of the quantum board type lighting but I’m maxed out just now. I can spend on another bulb if need be and that’s it. I hear what you’re saying about the salt and pepper supplemental low power led lighting and quite like that idea. It’s an avenue I hadn’t thought about. My next grow will definitely involve led lighting of some sort, looking forward to getting involved in that

2 Likes

@repins12 has the best idea I believe if your strapped for cash, just but another hps bulb and swap out your MH for hps.

But like you said, your already happy with your yields

Save your money till your ready to spend

3 Likes

Thank you. I need to wind things in just now till I get some cash together. I started off growing in my greenhouse but with the onset of winter I’ve had to move inside which pushes the costs up everywhere :scream:. I’m all over the lighting part of the forum just now. Man I love this place :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yup, I would just run one 600 hps per 4x4 for now.

3 Likes

I run 2 600w hps mh lights in a 4x4x6 grow tent and never have heat issues i blow away most people super expensive led setups i average around 550 grams wet trimmed bud weight a plant and do 6 at a time then later i added 2 288qb and that is where it’s at is to have both in there i get deep canopy penetration and rock hard buds in your setup i would have 3 600w hps mh lights and 3 288qb boards always have extra bulbs incase anything happens the argosun 2000k red sodium hps bulb are really awesome and i get great results with them. The mh for veg and hps for flower, 2000k hps bulbs for flower and 6500k or 6000k mh bulbs for veg and to be honest you really spend about the same more heat and cal mag fo the leds and more ac and bulbs for the mh hps lights and also a heated matt for the soil with leds if in a colder part of the country.

If you go 20% cfm over what is needed for your tent with cool hood reflectors you will never have a heat problem i have not had one yet

3 Likes

@ThcinKC gawd look at that lighting setup :sunglasses:. I am going to go through your post and Google some of the bulbs you talk about. I’m strapped for cash just now but I can research. Do you run the 288qb alongside your 3 HPS when in flower

1 Like

I run all at the same time and all at 100% power and you can train your plant’s with your lights if you got enough lighting

1 Like

Cool, I have the space to do this and my target will be to do this for my next grow. There looks like a fair bit of weight in that lighting setup, how is it supported. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not really heavy just easier to raise and lower the whole thing at once i went to metal by the foot and got 3/8 or 7/16 pererferated angle iron and made a fan/ light rack

2 Likes

@Davyg Hey bro, seems like you are looking for leds. We’ve got the most cost-efficiency leds of Grower’s Choice. See if you are interested and get it for much better price compare to the market!

1 Like

Hello mate, that ship has been and gone. I bought another two qb300 rspecs.