Meter came in (help)

Now to figure out how to use it.Never used a meter before.Going to need help to figure it out

4 Likes

Apera always puts a plastic card inside for calibration steps. And if you didn’t get the storage solution then I would use the 4.0ph calibration solution to fill your end cap to store it.

6 Likes
2 Likes

You have got yourself an excellent Meter just follow the instructions on the plastic card and do a 2-point calibration with 4 and 7 pH solution. @imSICKkid mentioned keeping eye moist when stored excellent point .

2 Likes

Yeah and that storsge solution cannot touch the little black probe. I ruined my first probe head before finding that out. Fill just enough liquid when its stored upright so the glass bulb is the only one that touches it. Only reason I dont like my pc60.

1 Like

It comes with the solutions and a few calibration ones too. It’s in a plastic grey case with all that and the meter in it. They should have what they need to 2 point calibrate it.

1 Like

I know I was just tell them because they were asking for help but the directions are tucked away so maybe they didnt see them. I’m pretty positive the kits dont come with the Apera storage solution. So you have to store it with the 4.0 ph solution instead.

3 Likes

Yeah it does have the storage solution. I ended up buying a big set of all the calibration solutions in bigger bottles with a bigger bottle of storage solution.

Thank u all.Were do u order the solutions

https://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Scientific-Electrode-Calibration-Solution/dp/B0063MVU5S/?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Will I need different solutions for calibrating tds

You can get a conductivity TDS standard solution to verify or span your conductivity probe . I don’t think you would need more than 5000 micromhos On span. Distilled water would give you zero. I verify with a bottle of drinking water it will check about 50 micromhos.Which is close enough to zero for me. Hope that helps

Thank you at this point I’m lost with all these terms.What is span.If you get time please explain

1 Like

My Apera PC60 was just delivered yesterday. I like the thought of having an accurate, precise instrument, but converting EC / TDS to PPM is a pain in the a$$.

2 Likes

Divide tds by 500 then multiply by 700

Ec x 500 =tds
Ec x 700 = ppm

1 Like

Awesome! I needed someone to come along and make it easy @PharmerBob.

1 Like

I could make you a program to run that for you :wink:

I already put it in my grow tools spreadsheet. lol.

1 Like

That a boy! Or girl, not that it matters either way! What you grow is all that matters to me :wink:

1 Like

Your span would be equal to whatever top range you want to set your conductivity probe up for. Example 0 to 5000 span would equal 5,000 you can also set your zero by just holding the probe in the air with nothing on it. Ph is always 0 to14 conductivity you can set your range wherever you need it. Depending onwhat you are trying to measure. A glass of water will read close to zero. A glass of salt water will read out the top depending on how much salt you put in it. Your probe should be pretty close.if you want to check it with a standard solution you can .