Messing with plants gives me hives. Is it only me?

Anybody else get bad hives after messing with their plants? Just this dork? GREAT. COOL. :unamused:

1 Like

Nope sounds like you may be alergic , at least to that one strain , i definitely wouldnt consume it if i were you and maybe give it away and try a different strain with totally different terp profile
My mom and lesser extent dad would get pollen allergy like symptoms from the smell if its strong enough (even though theres not a speck of pollen)

3 Likes

I smoke it fine, and have for years but it wasn’t until todayago that I figured out why I’m always itchy after defoliating or lollipopping. It isn’t a surprise really since I’m damn near allergic to everything.

3 Likes

My guess is that the leaves just have a higher concentration of the oil you re alergic to ( maybe even buds dont produce it since thc is a natural protective layer)

2 Likes

The resin gets me everytime, looks like I fell in poison ivy. The resin they produce is a defense mechanism against predators :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Fun fact only about 70% 0f people are allergic to poison ivy the other 30% can frolic or even eat it with no ill effect

3 Likes

I could stand next to someone with it and get it. If I got it as a kid I’d have to get steroid shots and stay home. In HS, I got it all over me, and before the reaction started and I knew it was on me, I scratched my man bits and ended up looking like the worse case of the clap ever.

4 Likes

My old weed guy would break out in hives everytime he touched reggie. No problems with medical grade but reggie messed him up. I always figured it was psychosematic. As far as felonys go, it just wasnt worth it for reggie and thats why he broke out. Maybe it was something else. Does taking benadryl prior to working with your plants help?

1 Like