Mesh hanging drying racks

I have way more bud to dry this year goingvto have to use those mesh hangers. Question is can I just lay trimmed branchs in it to slow drying or does if have to be individually buds, never used before.
Thanks

4 Likes

You can put them in either way if you have high humidity I would be careful with the whole branch and make sure there’s some air moving not windy just moving

1 Like

Cool thanks for fast reply. I’m in central Ca so no problem with high humidity. Might have to add some humidity to the tent. One more question do u do what ratio of weight will be lost during drying and curing?

1 Like

I never weight any of my wet stuff so I can’t give real numbers but I would say probably 70% loss

3 Likes

Its between 70% to 80% on average loss. At least from my experience.

3 Likes

If you have room you can leave on the branches. It will help slow down the dry period. As for weight ratio, I average about 80% weight loss when they’re completely dry.

5 Likes

Cool thanks off one 35 gallon pot and one 5 gallon pot I got little over 5 lbs wet so about 1 pound dry. And I got about half pound pop corn buds for bubble hash.

2 Likes

Sounds about right! I had a harvest of 95oz that came out to 19oz dry.

1 Like

Got my drying tent down to 74 degrees and 55% humidity not the ideal 60-70 but close enough.

Can u recommend a good hygroMeter my google sensor only shows temp not humidity. And don’t want keep opening tent to look.
Thanks

I found this one I was thinking about getting it has three sensors but if you didn’t like it I’m sure there’s going to be a bunch of suggestions for different ones at the bottom of the page

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083J5TSJV/?coliid=I3OXHI1SPUU50O&colid=3EFOQGELIN2Q5&psc=1&ref_=wl_qv_sed_dp

1 Like

I dry in an unused bathroom with a mesh sweater dryer having from the shower curtain rod. I just rough trim the bud and lay it out over the mesh sweater dryer.

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy I have a half dozen sets of these I use for drying now that I grow indoors I haven’t needed but a couple levels but I liked them because they stacked and in a small space you could dry a lot. Now they make those round muti level ones that hang I wish they had back in the day

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019DQVXA2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

I use this:

I may need to get a second one for the next harvest. I let the plant I am growing veg for longer than I usually do and I expect I’ll get around a pound of weed off of it. I don’t know that a pound will fit on one hangar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNQN8NM

2 Likes

I used to get a fly screen from a house window and i would put two milk crates under it one at each end and then i would lay my buds down on it and i would put a fan in the room with the fly screen and weed you can air flowing all round the bud it worked well

1 Like

I use these

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m getting that.

2 Likes

:laughing: this brings back memories that is old school 4sure, just be careful with the fiberglass screens I would think the fiberglass wouldn’t be to good to smoke

Shade cloth u can use aswell no fibreglass

I have a mesh drying bag that has about 7 layers and I put whole branches in and put a fan under blowing straight up through. I flip or roll the branches every other day and keep eye out for mold worked for me. Also have the rack pictured on this post with all the clips and hang on clothes line. All worked. More plants makes more humidity in drying area so have to keep eye on everything and air movement is a must in all areas to avoid mold or mildew

4 Likes