Merlin's Grow Log

Thanks Merlin!

Nothing fancy but it’s worked so far. Here is the current set up and what’s popped up so far.

7 Likes

This is how I feel about everything I do lol

6 Likes

Looking very good, @CaliRob. I don’t see anything to be concerned about. Be careful not to over water them. Over watering seedlings is a sure fire method of killing them. :grin: :man_mage:

7 Likes

Yo dude! You put your plants out in the SNOW. That was amazing.

You boldly go where no grower has gone before. At least not intentionally! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

:smiling_imp:

11 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :skull:

4 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum @CaliRob !

I’ve put a plant or two on a sunny porch for a couple hours here and there in the winter, that’s the extent of my outdoor growing experience, lol.

And I also consider myself lucky; well, with growing mj (autoflowers). :joy:

@Fiz Unbeknownst to @kaptain3d , there was a secret spy cam in with his snow weed plant. Here he is about to perform a Flèche on the poor thing.

8 Likes

Drat!!! Foiled again! :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

@CaliRob We hit 14 hours of daylight the first week of May but the weather is fickle so I don’t put plants outside until Memorial Day weekend.

I read about cold gardening and might just try putting one out early May but I would hate to lose it! I guess I drop an extra seed or make a few clones to sacrifice.

@merlin44 thx for the tag

10 Likes

For outdoor grows the exact amount of daylight time doesn’t matter. Initiating flowering has more to do with whether daylight hours are increasing or decreasing once plants are mature.

In short, there is no exact number time that will cover a safe zone to move plants started indoor to outside. Some plants/strains mature faster than others. Since immature plants won’t flower no matter what, this isn’t really an issue for plants started outside. But if we start them indoors on something like 18 hours and then move them to something like 14 hours of light after they reach sexual maturity, can send the plants into flower. In the spring when daylight hours are still increasing this can eventually cause plants to revert to veg. Then after summer solstice when daylight hours have started decreasing enough the plant will go to flower again.

At my location in the Midwest we typically aren’t frost free until mothers day. I have successfully moved 3 week old photoperiod plants outside around this point. That’s coming from 18/6 indoor schedule.

8 Likes

Omg - RUN!!!

3 Likes

@CaliRob Might want to harden those plants to the sun :sun_with_face: gradually, especially if it gets really hot.
I just harvested a cbd plant. It tasted at 10% cbd and 14% thc,and tastes marvelous!
Good luck and enjoy.

5 Likes

Thank you for the tag @merlin44. I have not grown outdoors so I’m of not much help but I am taking in everyone’s knowledge along with the rest. Have a great day everyone :blush::v:

5 Likes

Sorry, I had hit my reply limit so couldn’t reply earlier.

We are good with light pollution as my back fence is a city built wall lined with trees for privacy and there is a few small businesses that don’t put out much light at night time.

I will definitely look into Big’s thread. I am worried about the bugs and lizards out here, I need to research a little more. My idea of an outside grow on my patio may end up turning into an indoor grow. We’ll see how it progresses.

8 Likes

Once the domes are removed what watering schedule would you recommend?

2 Likes

I don’t water on a time based schedule. I water when the container feels light indicating that the water has been absorbed or evaporated. I water to slight runoff to insure full saturation of the soil. While they are seedlings this means maybe once per week. At about 60 days (when I flip) I need to water nearly every day. I mostly grow in 10-gallon bags with a few 7-gallon bags recently. As seedlings they are in solo cups.

8 Likes

As you become established by visiting and replying to various topics the restrictions are lifted so that you can reply as often as you wish and will be able to create new topics.

5 Likes

Lizards won’t be a problem; they consume insects.

There are some products you can use to control pests but frankly the best thing you can do is cover them with horticulture cloth: they make bags of different sizes and you can pull the bag over plants like a garbage bag. The mesh is fine enough to not pass insect pests but open enough to allow light and air to the plant. They’re also cheap.

8 Likes

I sent this picture to my buddy up north that receives all of my surpluss buds. He is somewhat aware that I manipulate/train my plants.

He suggested that we call it a “Bongsai” plant. :potted_plant: He is much more cleaver than I am. :grin:

22 Likes

Thank you, great information as always!

4 Likes