Merlin's Grow Log

Thanks for the holiday wishes @CC_Mo, I hope that you and yours have a wonderful day. We will celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday to accommodate folk’s schedules. We did go down to see my Mom today though (1.5 hours each way). She will join all of us on Saturday as well, will ride with one of my nephews for the 2.5 hour drive.

Just one hit off the bong yesterday and I was good for an hour. I think that the last time I hit a bong was in 1981 just before getting out of the Navy. Taste was terrible (compared to vaping) but the high was terrific.

7 Likes

Wishing you and Mrs. Merlin great Thursday and Saturday Thanksgivings!

Sounds like you enjoyed your new bong! I haven’t had a bong hit since '79 or '80 as a tweenager. :face_with_spiral_eyes: I don’t know how I did that without being totally flattened, since my tolerance is so low … likely the sub-par brick weed at the time.

5 Likes

Ahhh! Brickweed!! Cut the top of the brick and watch it grow…

6 Likes

Seek out the vapes today and tomorrow may be of a good time with Black Friday being here and all may find a nice one half priced or better. Happy turkey day to all that celebrate

3 Likes

Then u need a food chopper to break it up to be able to smoke it lol. My aunt was the only person besides the person she got it from that was able to find shaggy brick weed like 2 years ago before I started growing for myself. Was hilarious as that’s what she prefers to smoke on. Wood and bean tasting weed. She tells me my stuff is too strong and gives her panic attacks. Lol. So she take the auto weed and smokes on that which I guess is not as potent as the photo stuff. How many ppl u know will taste weeds and pick the worst tasting one out the bunch to buy and say it’s the smoothest hitting one I tried. But the worst tasting one also. Lol

4 Likes

She could smoke a smaller amount and take smaller hits. LOL

6 Likes

Just got an update - it will arrive on Saturday!!!

4 Likes

Excellent, @sandune We will all expect a report Saturday afternoon or evening. :crazy_face: :grin:

Edit: If you wife’s throat is sensitive, have her start with lighter hits to see how much she can handle. Even vaping can cause coughing if you take too large of a hit.

I like to take a series of small tokes over about half an hour.

7 Likes

Well, it may be a week later. We both are working this week and leaving Saturday to go fishing on the coast. And the state is NOT weed-friendly AT ALL so we follow their rules as we fish on Federal beaches. But I will give a report ASAP!

7 Likes

@sandune Have a great fishing trip. We will eagerly await your report.

4 Likes

@sandune And sometimes it helps to take a sip of water or something right before to ensure the throat isn’t dry. Have a great trip!

4 Likes

Yeah tell her that lol.

3 Likes

Hey @merlin44 I hope you, the missis and your mom are enjoying a fantastic meal together and have an awesome evening!! Take care! :turkey:

4 Likes

@Fieldofdreams We wish you and yours a fantastic Thanksgiving, food fun and all that jazz. :grin: :turkey: :pie: We won’t be having Thanksgiving dinner until Saturday but it will be great. My Mom, sister and nephews will all be there.

I wish everyone a really memorable Thanksgiving!

4 Likes

The sunrise this morning is spectacular!

Happy Friday everyone. My buddy down on the valley floor says it is too foggy to see from down there.

13 Likes

And a happy Friday to you! I love pine trees, one of the reasons why I live where I live.

My convection vape is out for delivery! Think I’ll take her on her maiden voyage later today, along with trying a portion of my latest harvest that’s been in a “semi-cure”, lol.

4 Likes

And, I trust you will give us a vape report…

Impossible to tell from the photo, those are 250’ tall Douglas Fir trees just down the hill from our house.

3 Likes

:grin: :+1:

Wow, majestic! We have some native pinyon pines (MUCH smaller, yet gorgeous) on our property, and locally in higher elevations are ponderosa pines. The original owner planted a medium-size pine, landscapers generally aren’t sure what kind :crazy_face:, but the wind through its needles makes the best wind sound. :wind_face: :evergreen_tree: :heart: The wind through the pinyon/juniper vegetation is great, too, that we enjoy here.

3 Likes

Good Friday morning to you Sir. Yes what a spectacular view. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, mine was awesome already, now it’s just enjoy the rest of the weekend. And all you guys and gals got me thinking about a vape. :thinking:

4 Likes

@Twelve1 @Dforce
If you zoom in a bit, you can see the mountains that stick up above the fog. The mountains are about 65 miles away.

We live on the East side of the Coast Range and the mountains in the distance are the West side of the Cascade Range.

4 Likes