Merlin's Grow Log

Sorry about that. Another reason to get a vape that has precision temperature control so that she can experience with lower temperature levels. I find that lower temps are easier on the throat, as well as providing better flavors of the weed terps, as opposed to a general “burnt weed taste” that your wife is probably referring to. Perhaps also consider starting her with sweeter/berry-type of tasting weed.

There are many charts and info online of vape temps that show cannabinoids released at certain temps, along with general effects.

And of course, go with the convection that Merlin talks about, as it seems that it’s smoother and cleaner.

@merlin44 Is this the vape that you use? (It’s on sale for $120 at Planet of the Vapes.)

4 Likes

Yes it is the one I have. The Arizer V-Tower is a similar device but does not have that fan the inflates the balloons. I use my Extreme Q like a hooka which is how the V-Tower is used. The V-Tower is generally cheaper than the EQ. On sale for about $90 at Planet Of The Vapes.

Your comments are right on point as well.

5 Likes

While the Arizer EQ is a better value and overall better product and with more features, Planet of the Vapes also has a newer portable convection vape on sale for $87, if portability is an issue, @sandune.

2 Likes

I put that exact grinder in my cart 30 minutes ago!

4 Likes

Dang, now another consideration!!!

3 Likes

I believe I hear you saying that the primary difference b/t the Extreme Q and the V-Tower is the ability to inflate bags. Is that correct? Because if so, I’m going to pull the pin on purchasing the V-Tower, as I have no real interest in the bag thingie.

3 Likes

That is the only difference that I am aware of. I used the bags once (I even ordered a bunch of extra bags :neutral_face:) then never did it again.

I would be perfectly happy with the V-Tower. I have two EQ’s and use them like a V-Tower.

As far as I can tell, the only use for the bags is to pass them around while partying with your friends. Since I don’t party with anybody, no need to pass anything around. :grin:

Edit: Correction…It appears that the other difference between the EQ and V-Tower is that the V-Tower does not have a remote control. I would not care about that.

4 Likes

And it looks like the V-Tower can’t be “fan assisted” like you can with the Extreme Q… :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes, the fan is there to fill bags but it can also be used to give you an assisted hit. I have done that twice about a year ago. Now I just pull on it with my lungs.
You are correct though, the V-Tower has no fan.

Back in the 70’s some guys would have someone put a joint in their mouth backwards and blow to get a big hit. Not my thing but others liked it. That is how the fan assisted hit works.

4 Likes

I just remembered…they called it a “shot gun hit”. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

We shotgunned to get close to the ladies lol

6 Likes

That would be the only good reason to do it in my book…In the submarine barracks (US Navy) there were no women.

4 Likes

In a boat fulla seaman beware the semen lmao

4 Likes

Well, after all that fussing around I bought the newer one - the Arizer XQ2 - I ended up at another shop and got it for $144, with no tax and free shipping.

Oh well, I spent more than I planned. I’m worth it.

This model upgrades a few things including the bowls, and they claim it’s easier to use. It has a remote control also, and you can preset three temperatures.

4 Likes

Congratulations @Fiz. I am looking forward to hearing how you like it.

3 Likes

I really need to cut down on my smoking, and I do have a couple of portable vapes I like - the POV Pro 1 which is great for microdoses, and errr I forget its name, but it holds a much bigger capsule. I like them, but what with the batteries and the capsules it’s a bit more hassle than I want to deal with. I do like the flavors of vaping, plus I may be able to induce my husband to try this over me making pills all the durn burn time.

4 Likes

That is what influenced me to get a vape in the first place. I quit smoking cigarettes in 2011 after 36 years of two packs a day. I would cough up a lung every time I smoked a bowl. Even a bong was too much. It just got that smoking pot was more misery than it was worth. Vaping has changed all of that.

6 Likes

@sandune for some crazy reason I can’t tolerate smoking flower either and it taste gross :face_vomiting: to me. Use to love it :woman_shrugging:. But yes, the convection vape and vape oil are much different. I use a PAX3 portable convection vape. It’s a little costly but it’s been going strong for over a year now. Seems worth the price.
Making your own vape oil is also an option.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s why I don’t like the taste now! I use to smoke cigarettes when I enjoyed the taste :thinking::face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

That is exactly the deal. Same for me, smoke from burnt plant material tastes disgusting be it tobacco or cannabis.

6 Likes