Merlin's Grow Log

Thanks. I will look into that one.

2 Likes

I have the same one @merlin44 uses for when I want to vape. I mostly smoke flower via bong, pipe or joint

5 Likes

Planet of the Vapes (and likely other outlets) is having a store-wide sale at the moment. Who knows if the sales are as good as upcoming Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.

I donā€™t use my vape a lot, but I use a Starry XMax V3 that I bought summer of 2021, I like it. Itā€™s $69 now with the Plant of the Vapes sale. Itā€™s simple to use and has precision temperature control, something thatā€™s important to me.

3 Likes

@SippiGrower To decide which vape to purchase you will want do determine if you need portability. I think that it is important that whichever unit you decide on is a full convection vape and as @Twelve1 said it should have excellent temperature control.

I use my vape every day and very seldom smoke from my pipe.

4 Likes

Mine is conduction; have you also used conduction? It seems that convection is better, but a bit harder to find in a portable, less expensive unit.

I havenā€™t used my pipe since I received the vape. Besides the pipe being more harsh, I LOVE being able to control dosing with the vape!

3 Likes

I did use a conduction vape, it was the first one that I got and it was portable. My second vape was a Ghost MV-1 (portable) which was quite expensive and was a convection vape (discontinued). It is a bit finicky to use but is excellent. The Arizer EQ is very easy to use and is a convection vape.

The reason that I strongly prefer the convection vape over conduction or hybrid is flavor. Other than that, I suspect very little difference other than cost. Convection vapes are more expensive so far as I have seen. There may be exceptions as I have not done exhaustive research.

3 Likes

Thanks. Good takes.

3 Likes

@merlin44 - does your vape take away the ā€œpotā€ taste when inhaled? Is the smoke a bunch tastier?

2 Likes

@sandune, I donā€™t know what you mean by ā€œpot tasteā€ but I can tell you the vapor is much tastier than smoke in my opinion. The flavors are amazing using the vape. The buzz comes on differently for me, so it took a bit to become accustomed to it. The flavors were so good that it was not difficult to embrace vaping flower over smoking it.

I would only go back to smoking if I had no power for my vape. There are many folks that really prefer smoking flower over vaping. It is something that you will need to determine for yourself.

I should also add that I vape in the chair next to my wife who does not use cannabis. She cannot even smell it when sitting right next to me when I am using my Arizer EQ desktop vape.

5 Likes

My wife cannot stand the taste of smoking pipe, bong or joint. Terrible coughing almost to throwing up. She has degenerative disc issues and just got her VA MMJ card. Gotta figure out a way to get her medication into her system. She hates cannabutter alsoā€¦

You think your type of vape is able to help her?

6 Likes

From what you described I would say that that it definitely worth a try. On the rare occasion that I smoke a little bit I have severe coughing fits. Using the vape I only cough when I take too large a hit. Other than that, is very smooth and easy on the throat.

Like your wife, I am not a big fan of the buzz from edibles (cannabutter). In my limited experience using a convection vape is smoother and better tasting than a conduction or hybrid vape. I donā€™t know what sort of experiences other people have since we donā€™t know anybody near us that use cannabis to swap stories with.

Take my comments as they are offeredā€¦ as my own personal experiences that may or may not be similar to what other people experience.

Unfortunately, unless you know someone that has one, the only way to find out if it will work for your wife is to purchase a vape and give it a try. Again, my personal experience was that skimping on the vape was a poor idea. I would have spent several hundred dollars less had I just sprung for a good unit from the start. I was under the mistaken impression that a vape was a vape and I did not need any bells or whistles. After using the Arizer vape for six or seven months I purchased a second one for a spare just in case mine failed.

6 Likes

@sandune I should also add that almost every vape out there gets both positive and negative reviews from users. As is often times the case, we just have to jump in and find out for ourselves. There is no substitute for personal experience.

Take in the best information that you can get your hands on and make a decision. If it is wrong, all you are out is money. Just try again. For folks that have really limited budgets this is not the most welcome advice but is the best that I can offer.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your information. I see Vape City has a sale so a shopping I will go!

4 Likes

Please let me know which vape you get and how it works for your wife.

I donā€™t know if there are any sales on the Arizer web site but it may be worth taking a look.

2 Likes

Just one more note from my personal experienceā€¦I have much better results using a vape if I use an herb grinder to grind up the flower before using. You can cut up with scissors or something but I like it when I have a nice consistent grind.

5 Likes

Cool. More items for my collection!!! Never had a grinder. Maybe a dab press next!!!

6 Likes

Donā€™t mind me barging in here, Iā€™ve been through what seems like a hundred grinders, so Iā€™m just dropping this recommendation.

Itā€™s in four parts. Inside, there is a basket that catches the ground weed, and it has a great kief catcher under that. Plus I like having a handle because I have some hefty arthritis in my hands so it helps with leverage.

I also have a ā€œcoffee millā€ electric grinder which I use when Iā€™m grinding to make capsules for my husband - which I normally grind 1/2 oz at a time.

4 Likes

Thanks for chiming in, @Fiz. Every little bit of information helps folks make the best decision possible.

4 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome Merlin! I hate wasting money. Unfortunately it seems a bit inevitable as a new(er) grower.

4 Likes

I have certainly spent a lot of money on things that I wish I had known not to purchase over the past five years. I would be somewhere around $2000 better off if I knew then what I know now. :grimacing: (Likely a lot more than that but I donā€™t want to think about it :thinking:)

5 Likes