That plant looks so healthy. She’s gonna be a bush!
Not sure if I know what I’m talking about, but looks like good candidate for scrog
Hey @ReMoLu, if you think that one is a SCROG candidate, check out the White Widow sitting next to it, and this is with no pruning or pinching or topping or nothin’
This one is 15" tall and 28" wide at 46 days old.
For reference, the green bucket is 4 gallons.
Plants are in 10-gallon nursery pots.
We upgraded out lighting yesterday from commercial LED fixtures (purple light) to COB’s. I have not completed a PAR map with the new lights as yet but initial indications are that light levels are 50% higher or more throughout the growing area.
Upgraded from this…
I will tidy up the wiring and record the PAR map this afternoon (after golf).
It looks like this with lights on…
wear eye protection!! lol
You jest but it is bright in there. My PAR meter reads over 900 uMoles/m^2s at the top of the left hand plant (Purple Haze) and 850 at the top of the center White Widow which is 24" below the lights. Before the upgrade was getting around 550 with old lighting.
That setup looks pretty sweet, @merlin44! I would expect nothing less from you. You were already producing great, hard nugs. I can’t imagine what you’ll be growing now! Are you growing in hydro now, or are those just soil buckets on top of upside down buckets?
I am not sure that there will be a measurable difference, I sure hoping so, spent a bundle on this upgrade.
It’s actually a pretty good situation because I will just move most of the commercial fixtures into my new propagation and veg tent.
Thank you to everyone for dropping by for a look. I will post some PAR maps later for you data junkies out there.
Good eye @WonkaMan, I do grow in soil. I place them on upside down pots just to get them up so I don’t need to bend over so much to work with and inspect them. When I flip to flower in a couple of weeks, I will set them on the floor, they will about 3’ tall by then.
For any of you data junkies out there, here is a set of PAR maps of my room before and after the upgrade. I also took readings with and without the COB reflectors installed.
@Flyr @SilentHippie @Greasemonkey @timmyv324 @Viktor7 @Rugar89 @ReMolu @BIGE @WonkaMan @Rick3
Day 55 update: Will cut clones and remove unproductive growth today and will flip to flower tomorrow. This grow is about one week ahead of my first grow at this point. Plants range in height from 20" to 30".
Growing three plants in this space seems to be a bit wasteful but it is sure relaxing compared to the 26 plant clone grow that finished last month. Really looking forward to seeing how this grow turns out.
The only issue that I have had to deal with is pH got a bit out of control (run-off at 7.1 argh!) last week but I caught it and am now back in specification.
@highcountrygal @SilentHippie @Greasemonkey @timmyv324 @Viktor7 @Rugar89 @ReMolu @BIGE @WonkaMan @Rick3
They are so full and bushy! It’s gonna be great to watch them when they stretch after you flip!
Yesterday afternoon I took three cuttings from each of the three plants and set them to root. One clone from each plant will ultimately be in a 10-gallon nursery pot, the others will be in two or three gallon pots. The plants in the smaller pots will be the subject of experimentation with one being the control. I also flipped the main room to 12/12 last night after lights on. Tonight will be their first full day of 12/12.
In addition to the nine Hazy Clones (PH, SSH & WW), I just put a Blue Haze seed to soak. It will go into a 10-gallon pot.
This will be a very interesting test of my rotation schedule between the propagation center, to the tent, to the main room, to the drying room, and finally to the pipe.
The Hazy Clones (plus one Blue Haze from seed) are (hopefully) busy making roots. The clones have been in the rooting cubes for 36 hours. Some are looking a bit perky and others are still quite droopy. I sure hope they all take root. This is my second cloning attempt, first was very successful.
I hope they perk up today to tomorrow.
Blue Haze trying to make a root
I don’t think that your clones would dare not root for you!
Thanks, @WonkaMan, that made me grin…GOL
I inspected the “droopy” clones, it turns out that they are less droopy than bent over. These were cut from the tips of some bottom branches and they were turning upward to the light. The stems were horizontal and the tips were vertical. When I made the stems vertical the tips are bent over. The foliage is very nice and “crisp” in the bent over posture.
I do think they were a bit wilted soon after being cut.
I think they will be fine. If they start looking puny in the next day or two, I will just replace them with “more willing subjects”. After that I will just do with fewer plants in the clone grow or maybe I throw in a couple Blue Haze seeds to bump the count up.
I get jazzed just watching your grow!
'Wish I had the guts or endurance to venture into cloning. Maybe this spring. When these next three finish off, in early November, I’ll need to take a break, since I need to do some work travel in December. I drop some more seeds around the first of the year, and maybe I’ll try cloning those, though trying to keep under our legal limit of two in flower and four little ones does make this tricky. Oh well. Watching your grow is great!
You will find it to be very easy. I thought it would be difficult so cut 5 from 5 plants totalling 25 plus a couple of bonus cuttings. I was hoping that 4 or 5 might take root. Well, every one of them rooted and grew. I was not prepared for that! I made it through but learned my lesson, take the number of cuttings that I want because all or nearly all will take.
You will get a kick out of it, I am certain @WonkaMan.
You are too kind, @raustin, you influenced much of how I grow. You were a great coach when I was muddling through my first grow, just a few months ago.