Merlin's Grow Log

Ah…I get it. Very cleaver.

Mrs Merlin would say that I resemble that remark. My humor is mostly obscure references to misused scientific and engineering terms. She says that I am the only one that thinks its funny. LOL

10 Likes

I can identify with this condition. It is a small audience but that much more satisfying when someone gets it.

9 Likes

My favorite kind of humor… :rofl:
I don’t get them all, but when I do it’s always really funny.
And you’re so right @GREANDAL! :nerd_face:

10 Likes

:notes::microphone:Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious?! If you say it loud enough… I don’t remember what happens…lol

3 Likes

I would like to hear about the convoluted programming please 0_o
lol

3 Likes

Would the IR from a security cam affect a flowering plant?

These are still in veg so i was not concerned but i was going to set the schedule to turn off the cam for flowering but i would love to keep it on if i can

3 Likes

My grow rooms are controlled by a Programmable Logic Controller usually referred to as a PLC. The PLC is programmed using “Ladder Logic”.

The lights in my starter tent simply turn ON and OFF at the programmed times. In my main room there are a bunch of “Timer” instructions that provide additional signals and delays so the various lights (photo red, far red, mains) turn ON and OFF in specific sequences. The sequencing is very different during Veg vs Flower.

I am not certain on that one, I have read that it can cause a plant to go hermie and I Have also read that it would have no effect. I am careful not to introduce any stray light sources.

11 Likes

Im considering automating with an arduino board
A PLC was my first thought tho.

1 Like

You will have a lot of fun with that. I dink around with Arduino boards from time to time. They are fun to play with.

If a low end PLC interests you, take a look at the offerings at EZAutomation.
I use an EZRack with a 7 slot chassis and an EZTouch HMI.

3 Likes

I love watching them move around at night

7 Likes

I will check them out for sure 0_o

1 Like

Very cool, I have done some all day time lapse taken on 5 minute intervals. Very interesting stuff.

4 Likes

@anon4427090, another (slightly cheaper) alternative to automating your grow room is a programmable relay such as the Teco SG2 series available from factorymation,com (replace the comma with a dot).

The down side to using a programmable relay or a PLC is that you must have a basic understanding of electricity and wiring (or know someone that does).

2 Likes

Weekly Update Part #1:

It is Monday morning and time for yet another weekly update.
There is not a lot to see, they are just putting on bulk and getting denser at this point.

Here is a shot of MW-2 from this morning:

And a similar shot from last Monday:

@elheffe702 @Missiles @AAA @Covertgrower @MacGyverStoner @Gremmall @BobbyDigital @PurpNGold74 @repins12 @Enlightened420

25 Likes

Weekly Update Part #2:

This one is GL-2 (Robert Bergman’s Gold Leaf) from this morning:

And from last week:

@Big123 @Holmes @Oldguy @ReconBravo @afgvet @dbrn32 @MattyBear @GREANDAL @wonkaman

28 Likes

You’re joking, not much to see… :man_facepalming:

We can clearly see the swelling happening! That’s super cool 3Ms (Mister Magic Man)… :star_struck:

14 Likes

Weekly Update part #3:

This is a low angle shot of GL-2:

and from last week:

The low angle shots are just for fun.
@kaptain3d @Unknown @spankyjr1 @agrestic @phillyrock @Suckerpunch @Ironman26

30 Likes

And finally just a few more tags:
@bulldognuts @beekeeper2 @zipty420 @Wllbuckhunter1971 @Dman1969 @Teacherttom1 @Mrcrabs
@joshmcginnis28

8 Likes

Thanks Kap, I am glad that you got something out of this weeks update.

5 Likes

You could do daily updates and we all could find something new to admire every time… :nerd_face:
You are that good, imo!

10 Likes